•Chapter 11•

A girl. Around my age.  She had blood red eyes and pale skin. Her short brunette hair framing her round face. I felt anger rising in me when I glanced at the silver dagger in her hand.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I looked at the stranger. Her face filled with nothing anger as she struggled nonstop against my firm grip, my forearm pinned her chest while my other hand gripped both of her hands to keep them from touching me.

"I know who you are Lilith. And I don't know how the hell you're alive but I know that you don't deserve that life." She spat out. "All those years Leonel has spent struggling to get over you just for your stupid mate to kill him!"

I froze, nearly losing my grip on her in surprise before regaining my strength against her.

"What are you talking about?" I asked shortly, my eyes flickering between hers, trying to hear thoughts but her head was too messy to grip on one thing.

"King Greyson killed Leonel! He killed my mate and like hell you both will think that I'm going to let either of you get away with it. King or not." She snapped angrily, yet out of breath. I loosened my grip against her and let her off the tree, taking steps back.

Greyson killed Leonel?

As stupid as she was, her legs moved forward and she tried to lounge at me with the silver dagger again, making me use my vampire speed in order to compete with her own.

She stopped, turning to me with wide eyes.

"How did yo-"

"Wait, how did you know that King Greyson is my mate?" I cut her question off when realization hit me. She regained from the shock that was on her face, her eyes hardening again by the mention of Greyson's name.

"Leonel told me that the night before. And he also told me that he knows something about you.. about what you are, that might flip our world upside down, and you know what Lilith?" She said, slowly walking towards me with a growing smirk on her face. "I think I might have figured it ou-"

"Listen to me." I took two steps closer to her, using my magic to make her freeze in her state. The gold specks in my eyes started forming as I focused on my compulsion.

"You will forget about Leonel's existence, and you will not remember a single thing about today. You will walk away from here and travel far away from this territory. Understood?" I said. Her eyes stared back at me wide open.

"Yes." She simply replied.

"Perfect. Now leave." I shortly ordered, and with that she turned her heels and walked in the opposite direction, where she came from. I watched the back of her head as she walked away from my sight, before taking off my clothes and shifting into my wolf, running off in the opposite direction.

Eventually around midnight, my wolf grew tired of hunting and shifted back into my human form. After I changed into my clothes once again, I started walking towards the mansion. Thinking the whole time about what the girl told me hours ago.

Why would Greyson kill Leonel?

I guessed the answer, but I was almost positive Greyson wouldn't care about me half this much to chase down and kill a vampire for me. There had to be another explanation. A different teasing.