•Chapter 16•

A/N What do you guys think of the new book cover lol lmk ur thoughts!!

My eyes fluttered open, feeling a shift around me. Once I grasped reality again, I sat up, looking around the woods, but not before I checked my side where Greyson was lying, and found it empty. Instead I saw him by a different tree nearby, sitting on his own, staring out at the sky.

Something inside me shifted. And it was painful. More painful than I cared to admit.

'I'm sorry', my wolf spoke to me.

I wasn't surprised even my wolf pitied me. The one night I was left to sleep in my mate's arms, I woke up without him even on my side. It was just a realization of what the longing I felt for Greyson is causing me. Not only my sanity, but also my dignity. One sentence out of his mouth and I was quick to take my chance with him. Forgetting how many times he made it clear how he had no plans of accepting someone like me.

At this moment I felt like screaming. The moon goddess provided me with so many emotions for a mate who I can't express any them to and I truly felt like exploding.

I felt tears prickling at the back of my eyes.

No.

Since when did we cry over males, Amara?

But this was my mate. Who can blame me for all these emotions?

"You're awake." I heard Greyson. I didn't turn to him. I was mad. Oh, I was so mad. And hurt. I slept in his arms all night for heaven's sake. He could have at least stayed till I woke up. It feels like every time I take one step forward with him, we take three backwards right after. At this point, I couldn't wait till he rejected me.

I didn't reply to him. I tried to discreetly wipe under my eyes and stood up, wiping down the dirt from my clothes.

"We could take a short cut and travel through the Iden mountains." I spoke emotionlessly, gripping my horse's rope and untying him from the tree.

Greyson stood up, simply nodded at my words  and started untying his.

"We'll have to leave our horses then." He concluded. I could feel his burning gaze at me, but I refrained from looking him in the eye.

"We'll come back to them."

I got on my horse, and he started getting on his.

"How did you sleep?" I heard him ask from behind me as I moved. Was this man serious? I wanted to slap that gorgeous face of his so bad.

"Fine."

Suddenly his horse was next to mine instead of behind me.

"What's wrong?" His voice was deep and calm, like usual, but I sensed a bit of concern.

"Nothing." I stated, and I saw him from corner of my eyes turning to me, before looking back straight ahead.

"Hm." Was all he replied with. 2 hours into the ride which was filled with complete silence, we reached where the Idel mountains started. Greyson was first to get off his horse.

I started getting off mine, and I found him near me, looking as if waiting to help me down.

"I don't need your help." I told him, getting off myself.

"Amara." He placed an arm in front of, blocking me before I was able to walk away. I looked up at him.

"Yes?" I raised my eyebrows at him.