Author monologue:

Just be to sure, did anyone else laugh when they read that the high commander decided to use sage's bra as googles around his face?

No..... Its ok I did though!

Or

If yes, yay 🙌 we laughed together.

Just imagining a big venomous looking alien thingy with an adorable lacy bra across its face running through the desert on a mission makes me grin.

I like so many things about him (the high commander) but I also realize he is very problematic. His fixation is some serious class A felony stuff though.

Ok...

Onto our close knit family:

Sage hasn't really done anything bad per say but shady things do happen that she may or may not have a hand in.

Joseph on the other hand is such a cutie pootie... Sweet and quiet but equally a deadly silent hunter... He probably knows more about what is going on around him more than any of the others.

And don't we all have a sibling (or hope to have) who is both funny, smart and frustratingly annoying all at the same time. Junior definitely is the second in command and its never a dull moment with him around.

Ruth on the other hand is the very embodiment of a regal housecat. Powerful in an elegant way and even though she is slight she is all business. Ruth knows what she wants and is very hyper focused when achieving her goals. Her aloofness adds to her charm but don't be fooled she is not cold blooded and is really devoted to her family.

Also if any one is confused with the odd day and night referencing in the chapter kidnapping it is because sage is having a difficult time gauging time inside the lair.

You will be surprised at how slow or fast time goes when you have a screwed up sleep schedule, no clocks/ calenders around, or any natural daylight.

Thank you for your continued interest as readers and 😭 support.
K..ok