pg3

For the next couple of days together the days played out pretty much like the second day with him. He would put me on the platform, I would sleep or whatever, and then wait for him to come take me down again. Essentially he takes care of me like a pet.

I am a caged flightless bird up high on a platform without him.

The walls around all the sides of the platform look deceptively close. The first couple of times I had woken up early before he came to get me, I stretched my legs out across the emptiness trying to touch the walls.

And either my legs are too short or I am just too far away, the walls were forever out of my reach no matter how hard I tried. I have given up trying after several unsuccessful attempts for now til I can figure out some other way to get safely closer.

Although having a great view from up here isn't bad I haven't seen any daylight since. So my perception of time is pretty much screwed without some kind of outside reference.

I don't even know if in the first day of my kidnapping I had slept for hours or days.

Speaking of sleep my main concern now is my sleeping equipment.

Even though the blanket that I have been using is pretty soft and cozy the hard platform has been causing me to wake up with sore muscle aches allover my body.

Really, nothing beats a good mattress to sleep in. It would be ideal if he could place a small cushion so I can curl up in but as far as I can tell he doesn't have such a thing to give.

I don't know if he would be willing to share the big bed that I have spied him leisurely laying on from time to time while up on the platform. But I've got to try.

I get that he doesn't trust me since my first and only pathetic attempt at escaping but I really need something softer to lay on if I want my body to continue to function properly without pain.

When he comes back I swear somehow I will convince him into giving me some space on the bed.

I have come to the conclusion of somewhat trusting him to not assault me during my sleep after several days for the following reasons:

Exhibit A: He has been respectful when touching me, he doesn't try to grab my body parts in any suggestive manner except obviously for the first day when he took off my clothes. Also I did notice and appreciate that he didn't stare continually at my brief periods of nakedness in a perverted way like those disgusting old merchant men down at the settlement even when I had several layers of clothes. And trust me when I say that I can tell by the general feeling I get off of people that I have honed in over the years if they have some bad intentions.

Exhibit B: Though I am afraid of pissing him off, he hasn't lashed out in any violent way even when I ran away or tried to stab him.

And finally Exhibit C: He didn't rape me and He hasn't tried to physically force me to do anything to him in all this time we have been alone together.

I think I can take a small gamble that he won't do anything since he hasn't done anything besides hold me hostage.

Today I woke up sort of early so I have been contemplating this situation again for a while. The wall across from me with its swirling geometric shapes makes me wonder if he himself carved this stuff by hand or if a machine did it for him.

The familiar jangle of rope rubbing together and the feeling of the slowly lowering platform made it clear he already finished whatever business he had going on outside so I can come down now.

As I get closer to the ground I see some large plates with some cactus fruit and leaves piled together.

I think he has figured out that I am omnivorous somehow but is kind of unsure what exactly I can eat so every couple days he experimentally sets a plate full of one different item for me to eat.