pg.2

⚠ warning: depictions of childbirth and gore.

Each and every hour afterwards hence became a hellish eternity of waiting, writhing, and tears.

She switched positions frequently with my hand hovering closeby, assisting in her endeavor anyway I could.

The drones carefully monitoring the entire process.

Her body rocked back and forth, shaking and tensing rhythmically.

The broodling in her womb slow to come to the outside world.

The great majority of her clothes were thrown aside, no longer of use in this case.

Emesis, urine,and blood ran infrequently. The bodily fluids discarded as needed.

The opening to her womb widening further, stretching to accommodate the broodling.

Without much coverings and her abdomen in full display, it protruded far in advance from her body. The skin stretched to its fullest capacity.

As the broodling descended downwards into her pelvis. The upper portion of the abdomen became oblong in shape.

" hee, hee, oohhee, hee" She postured over the bed, repeating the strange breathing pattern over and over.

The drones directly observing underneath the opening.

" measuring 10 cm, fetus passing birthing canal, broodling crowning"

"AAAAAARRRGHHH!!!!!"

The push expelling the broodling partially into the world.

Blood dripped below her wide legs. The tissues at the entrance tinged a mauve crimson.

Fear, awe, and anxiety mixed into my stupor as I stood agape.

" High commander retrieve the broodling!"

"Yes!" My hands positioning themselves, ready to receive.

" YEEEEEAAAAA!!!"

Relief flooding her truimphant face, a small smile curving her lips.

The broodling free falling below her, plopping onto my waiting hands.

Blood spilled thickly, an umbilicus string tethering to a perfectly spherical translucent egg.

Inside a small broodling hovered. Half its matured size.

It is so slight.... so diminutive compared to the normal full blooded broodling.

The face miniature and smooth of gesture, the eyes milky. Miniscule hands and feet waved in tranquil harmony.

It is perfection..

I sighed and heaved, my emotions disturbed by the sight.

My beloved gasped. Her strength waning as she saw the broodling she gave birth to.

Her hands trembled and her face appeared ashened.

She laid herself down, sitting haphazardly, dumbfounded.

" Placenta must be delivered" The drone squeaked out.

" Come, one more push" I encouraged, her face determined to not to be confused any further listening tentatively to the healing drone.

She strained once more, pushing out a thick veined organ.

That final push ending the birthing process, more blood flowing from her vacant womb.

The drones frantically pacing over her, assessing and measuring different variables of her body.

I, still, in possession of the delicate egg decided to administrate its deliverance to my broodling pouch.