pg 5

********

Logan sat angrily with clenched teeth, looking dangerously homicidal. The table's occupants sat silently immobile, watching.

The small pub was bustling with busy afternoon activity, the customers drinking and eating jovially behind and around them.

The air filled with conversations in many different languages in a beautiful chaotic melody.

But none of that mattered.

The settlement authorities had confiscated the rig.

They were stranded until they could get it back. And who knows when they would get it back or if.

The authorities had taken the entire trailer when everyone had settled in for the night at the small local inn, without warning.

Waiting, it seems, until the group had fallen asleep to strike.

Earlier at the crack of dawn Logan looked outside to find her truck was nowhere to be found. As soon she realized her prized baby was gone, Logan rushed into the main lobby of their headquarters like a category 4 hurricane to demand her rig back.

They hadn't really appeased her all that much.

" Damn bastards, they could've asked!" Slamming her fist onto the table so hard the cups shivered.

"Babe?" Skylar soothed.

Logan seemed to pull herself together as the worried face of her wife's face stared into her eyes.

The place wasn't all that bad but their sense of trust was completely shattered.

Logan sighed angrily. " Look I think we might have to stay here awhile until we can get things sorted out. Fortunately for us we still have funds to help us out. We " shooting Junior a hard calculating look " will have to work while you two stay and manage the house... It's too dangerous to go out alone and we will have a buddy system with this"

Skylar didn't look pleased but she didn't comment on the situation. Ruth looked perplexed.

A man suddenly slid close to Logan's side mid conversation. His eyes shiny with the flicker of evil intent.

He stared at Skylar as he whispered into Logan's ear for a moment.

Whatever he had whispered had quickly sent Logan into a rage. Her chair clattered to the floor as she jumped up from her seat. (@minipurse)

" WHAT DID YOU SAY!?" Boomed Logan.

The man must not have realized that Logan was not man but a woman, a tall woman that towered over his pathetic frame.

He cowered slightly before plucking the courage to give a slimy remark, " so what do you think?, it's a fair price for the women" his chin bobbing up as though he bartering for livestock.

Logan couldn't simply leave this alone. This man needed a lesson.

She grabbed him by the collar gruffly, violently making sure to shake him as much as possible like a rag doll before pulling him up from the floor.

" Listen here! You, stupid son of a bitch!" Screaming into his face, tightening the fabric of his shirt collar over his neck like a thin noose.

But that didn't stop him.

" Fine!! What about the boy then?! Ehhh?" He squeaked, the man's face reddening as his neck turned a deeper red purple. His feet starting to dangle lower as the oxygen to his lungs was cut even shorter.

He gasped for new air desperately, his fists and legs fighting hard to be released.

Logan squeezed harder firmly gripping the collar, waiting for him to pass out.