pg3.

Double doors glided open to a high vaulted concrete ceiling several hundred meters high.

The air filled with the distant noise of bustling people and the stale smell of food continually being cooked.

" Welcome to the bunker" A man with a greasy face greeted, his uniform etched with the bold letters 'GUARD' on the front.

Joseph squeaked cringing behind me, hiding from the unknown guard. His earphones snug over his ears.

We had traveled through several tunnels snaking through the earth to get here.

Crude overhanging lamps lighting the way down.

The elevator that descended into the mountain was nothing but a plastic clear box hurling past thick rock.

Our guide leading the way ended up being the same person who gave us our instructions back in the quarantine room.

His face was stony with bored dull eyes, unhappy to see us again. He walked frustratingly fast ahead of us for most of the way, not bothering to even have a polite conversation.

" Here, these are both your id cards and your room key. Do not lose them, you only get a limited number of replacements" His gloved hand stretching out with 7 clear plastic cards impeded with tiny veins of metal.

Logan grabbed them all, swiftly tucking them in a hidden inner pocket in her shirt. (@minipurse)

The doors shut in our faces suddenly, abruptly cutting our interaction short.

Such a helpful wonderful guy.

We will have to figure out how to get back to our room somehow but most likely Logan and Skylar know what to do so I am not too worried.

" Stay close, do not wander. Keep to yourselves are we clear?" Logan's voice murmurs to us. We nodded in unison comprehending.

People stared as we made our way to the outer streets.

The streets looked dingy but clear of any large trash. At every corner that we passed we noticed that people lined up to throw stuff away into a row of different colored shoots.

Loud shouting was heard in some alley way before a person in a shiny black suit and helmet ran into the commotion.

" A shepherd" Logan grunted.

Nobody asked for any more information or wanted to because now is not the time.

Skylar nestled closer, gluing her form into logan's for comfort.

Logan steered us up several walkways and down alot of stairs, her grip over Joseph's hand firm as we moved along.

The buildings started to look smoother and in better repair traveling further from than the places we have been through already.

" We are getting nearer to the center, hold on" Logan spoke breathlessly after so long.

Air whirled around us and the people walking around hurriedly pushed past us. The main street bursting with activity as we came in from the smaller connected street.

Small speeding vehicles zipped on a lower platform than us. The sound of bells jingling rang high as the driving people below aggressively cut each other off, trying to hurry to wherever they were going.

Newer smells filled our nostrils. Logan waved with her free hand and we followed quickly behind her.

Shops with glass fronts displayed the goods sold inside.

People entered and left frequently.

Merchants voices could be heard at a distance, selling their wares.