Chapter 9

The whole week consisted of excruciatingly painful behavioural tutoring during the day and hanging out with Mia and the guys during the night. It was Tuesday, the gala was on Thursday and the wedding was on Saturday but I tried not to dwell on that and instead thought about how today I was going to go shopping with Mia. My tutor has called in sick and my parents were out on business, today was the perfect day to sneak out and finally see Mia in the daylight. To say I was excited was an understatement.

I quickly got dressed into army jeans, black boots, a black crop top and my favourite black leather jacket. I did my usual makeup and tied my hair into a side braid.

I snuck out like I had done every night for the past week and walked to the shopping centre where I met up with Mia "hey"
"Hey, where do you wanna go first?" She asked
"I don't know, I haven't gone shopping in ages" I replied, shrugging my shoulders "what! How can you live without shopping? I go once a week, at least!" She screamed, I just shrugged in reply. The truth was I had never gone shopping without my mama and that was pure torture, it was more her shopping and me being forced into tight, uncomfortable dresses (Al had bought me all the clothes I actually like wearing). This was going to be so much different though and I already started to feel like a normal 17 year old girl for the first time in my life. Only half a second later I was being dragged into a shop by Mai, she picked out some really nice light grey ripped jeans and held them up to me "they'd really suit you, go try them on!" She said, this was kinda weird, I was actually trying on a piece of clothing that I liked. Yet again excitement creeped up and gave me wonderful butterflies in my stomach.

We had been shopping for hours and only stopped to eat about an hour ago, as we were walking through the shopping centre an elegant yet dominate red suit in a shop window caught my eye, I couldn't help but stop and stare "I reckon you would look good in it" said Mia, looking at me then the suit "no, suits are for men I can't wear that" I replied "says who? You can wear whatever you want as long as it makes you feel good and I can see the way you're looking at it, it's the same way I look at designer boots, come one" she said, grabbing my wrist and tugging me into the shop.

As I entered the shop I was immediately engulfed is suits, they were everywhere and I loved every single one of them. "I can't fit into them anyway, they're made to fit men" I said as I started walking to the door of the store "you're really tall and muscular for a girl, which I find really hot by the way, you should be able to fit into one. If not you can get one specially made, you're like really rich aren't you?" Mia said as she grabbed my wrist and dragged me back into the store "I guess" I shrugged "oh my god just go put it on!" Mia shouted, shoving the red suit into my arms.

I walked into the changing room and put the suit on, barely able to contain my excitement. I looked in the mirror, I looked too much like a man. I wanted to look in charge but didn't want to hide my femininity. Unsurely I left the changing room "no, no, you don't want to look like a man you want to look like a powerful woman" Mia said, walking over to me "here"
She said as she took they tie off and unbuttoned the first few buttons and took the belt off "now you look hot, go look in the mirror" she said, excitedly. I walked back into the changing room and gasped. Wow, I look amazing. I had never really been insecure about my body but never properly loved it either, however, in this suit it was a whole other story. I had the kind of aura the demanded respect but even though I was wearing male clothing I still looked feminine. I had never felt more powerful.
The suit:

I exited he changing room "ok, I look amazing and I need more" I exclaimed to Mia and she immediately dashed around the shop, a few minutes later she came back with about ten suits, there were different shades of blue, green, white, black and grey...

I exited he changing room "ok, I look amazing and I need more" I exclaimed to Mia and she immediately dashed around the shop, a few minutes later she came back with about ten suits, there were different shades of blue, green, white, black and grey "go on" she said, ushering me back into the changing room.

We were in the suit shop for just over an hour, I had bought six of the ten suits, including the red one, which was still my favourite. It was 5:15 and I had to get home before 6 "well, I better head home" I said, frowning "ok, see you soon?" Mia asked "yeah" I replied, even though I knew that I was probably never going to see her again. I hugged her, tight and whispered in her ear "thank you"
"For what?" She replied, hugging me back just as tightly. For making me truly happy, for making me feel as if I belonged...for letting me love you, even if you'll never know it. "For everything" I whispered black.

A/n
Hey I just wanted to thank Kay_kay2006 and kizume-sensei for not only being the first two comments but also for how lovely and encouraging you guys were!!!