Chapter - 2

'Tis a bit lenghty chapter! I hope you enjoy till the end...

**********
MURDERED IN THE BATHTUB

Our working hands paused, and our heads snapped towards Melody as we heard the party's theme. 

"Murder Party?" My voice was filled with surprise or confusion. Or maybe both.

"What kind of a person has such a theme?" I asked with my eyes open wide, staring at the back of Melody. 

Grace and Hannah's expressions weren't much different from mine. 

But Melody was totally ignorant of our startled looks. She continued preparing the meal while nonchalantly replying to my question,

"It's Halloween, dear. And in a city where crime rates are higher than the average, you can't expect anything else. Anyways," she turned her face towards us only to notice that we have been standing with our hands paused and eyes fixed at her. 

"Girls!" She shouted in annoyance. "We need to do this all fast. Why are you people standing empty-handed?" She scolded with a stern glare. 

Hearing her angry voice, we quickly engaged ourselves in our work. But our minds were occupied by the name - Murder Party. Fascinating name, isn't it?

After the cooking was concluded, Melody handed us and a few waiters some new uniforms and aprons. She was much like our Moms. You know, how our Moms hid new clothes, handkerchieves, crockery and brought them out only for the guests. Melody was currently doing the same act. 

Nevertheless, we packed the food into a transport van and passed it early with a few workers. 

"It's almost a half an hour cycle ride from here," Grace calculated as we stood in front of the Dine-In while Melody locked the shop. 

"You're not going there on your petty bicycles!" Melody said, returning to us after closing the shop. 

"We have THE CAR waiting for us." She said, dramatically making the word car long, and we all laughed out loud at it. 

She was a joyous and hearty person to be around. 

Melody, then, took us towards the end of the road, and as we turned a turn, VOILA! 

A Porsche was waiting at the corner. For us? I highly doubted it at first. But when Melody opened the driver's door and placed herself inside it, that's the moment when we finally believed. 

Reaching out to the car, Grace sat on the front seat. Leaving the back seats for Hannah and me. We took off as soon as everyone was settled in their places. 

"Where did you get this car from?" I asked eagerly.

"When did you learn to drive?" Grace was the next to inquire.

"Woah, Woah! Calm down, girls," Melody said, glancing at my reflection in the rearview mirror. 

"The hotel manager lent me this car for tonight. And, yes, like all other responsible youngsters, I went to a driving school too," she said, placing her one hand inside a box on the dashboard. When she took it out, there was a card in between her two fingers.