Chapter - 6

GAME OF MURDERS...

Martha approached her cell phone, ringing inside her handbag. Opening her bag, she snatched the device out of it.

She read the person calling, and for a moment, I saw her smile fade away. I noticed her eyebrows narrowing. However, she hung up the call and slid it back inside the bag.

Holding her bag, she turned towards me with a bright smile on her face once again. She walked at a slow pace towards my bed and sat on its edge.

"Who was it?" I asked with a confused expression.

"A friend of mine. Nothing serious. I'll call her later." She replied and threw a careless smile at me.

"Are you sure?" I felt the need to confirm. After all that has happened, I think I lost my easy trust.

She nodded in assurance, broadening her smile without uttering a word. Placing the bag near my side table, she got up to unpack a tiffin box for me.

"I completely forgot. You must eat something. You had a lot of medicines, and now you need food." She said casually. She wasn't facing me, but I knew something, or maybe someone was disturbing her.

"Martha?" I asked with hints of suspicion in my voice.

"Umm-hmm." She replied without turning.

"I-is someone disturbing you?" I finally spoke out my hesitation.

She turned on her heels with a surprised look on her face. Nonetheless, her expressions altered as she noticed my worried and dubious look.

"My sweet sis!" She moved forward and gently placed her hand on my cheek.

"I'm fine. It was just an acquaintance. I swear no one's disturbing me. Don't stress yourself out. Okay?" She said politely, and I couldn't help but nod.

She smiled wholeheartedly and removed her hand from my cheek. I kept watching her face making an attempt to study her feelings.

"Now," she said. "Have some food. Once you feel better, we'll go see Hannah."

Hannah! Oh, she is still in the hospital! What am I doing here then?

"I'll have something on the way. Let's just head towards the hospital where Hannah is." I said, more like, pleaded, urgently getting down from the bed.

"Hey, hey! Wait up. You have to get some food. I'll take you there, but you need to finish this." Martha commanded, and I felt helpless.

Unwillingly I had to finish those pulses and veggies and whatnot. Finally, after twenty minutes or so, I won my war against the tiffin box, and my tummy had conquered it all.

I know I sound like a toddler right now. But I can't help it. I just hate vegetables!

As soon as I was done, I changed into a pair of clothes Martha had brought for me. It was a deep blue, plain, silk, knee-length gown with a mist of golden strings woven near its bottom lining. It seemed like fairy dust. Paired with it was a golden legging that extended just below my ankle.

I rolled my hair up in a bun and placed a matching deep blue beanie over it. Ready to get out of this sick hospital. I sighed and went out of the room where I found Martha waiting for me.

I walked towards her, and she handed me my belongings as soon as I reached near her.

"Here! Take them. It has your cell phone, and that's a new handbag as your previous one was," she paused, trying to find an appropriate word. "Stained, I guess." She completed, pointing out things before placing them in my hands.