Chapter - 10

THE DEAD WON'T BOTHER YOU...

I glared at the person standing in front of me. He blocked my way and was annoying me like an idiot. If he continued his behaviour, you shouldn't blame me if I slap him. 

"Okay, enough! I don't know you. And I don't wanna know you. So," I grumbled angrily. "Get out of my way or else…" I warned him, raising my hand to point my index finger at his vicious face. 

"Or else?!" He asked, sneering. 

But before I could say a word, he started speaking. 

"Nice bracelet, by the way! Remember the awesome person who gave it to you had a long history of mockery?" He said, laughing under his lips. 

And just then, reality hit my face. My eyesight slipped towards the pearl bracelet in my hand.

EVAN?! No way this jerk could be Evan himself!

"Evan?!" I murmured with my eyes widening in surprise. 

His eyes. The peacock green mischievous eyes. Yes, it's him. 

His smile grew wider as he realized I have recognized him. He seemed a bit relaxed now. 

"You know. I thought you have changed. But," Evan said, watching at my baffled expressions. "Nah! You are the same old Meme." He joked, and his laugh brought me out of my thoughts. 

I stared at him, fire emitting from my eyes. If I could, I wouldn't hesitate to punch his perfectly sharp jaw. 

"Look who's speaking about change. Seen yourself in the mirror? Still the same monkey man." I mocked, and we both burst out into laughter. 

"The dress is pretty." He admired, after a while of stupidity.

Now that he mentioned my dress, I noticed he wasn't underdressed either. A grey suit is worn over a light pink shirt paired with matching grey trousers. 

Aesthetician as always.

"What?" He raised a brow, expecting an answer for the compliment. 

"Well, I was thinking if you really wanna praise a girl, you should say the dress looks pretty on you." I corrected him, hiding my smile.

"Don't be delusional," he laughed. "I was praising the artist who designed the dress. You're still the Meme." 

"I will kill you!" I growled, and just then, my phone rang inside my purse.

Clenching my teeth and glaring at Evan, I snatched out the ringing machine. 

College Authority calling…

I was startled to read the caller's name. 

Why would my College staff call at this time? 

Puzzled, I slid the green button and held the phone near my ear. 

"Hello?" I confirmed. 

"Miss Bell speaking?" A hoarse voice inquired. 

"Yes," I said, confused. 

"I am speaking from the Dorm Office Department. You have been summoned by Ms. Myra, the warden, to discuss your roommate Zendaya's untimely death." He informed all in one breath and awaited my reply. 

"Right now?!" I queried doubtfully, knitting my eyebrows. 

"In 20 minutes. Dorm office." He instructed, and the call ended. 

I pulled the phone down and stared at it with wide eyes and perplexity. Noticing my expressions, Evan stood up erect and watched at me suspiciously.