Chapter 11: Baking Competition

Two weeks went by, and tomorrow theres a baking competition, and the most creative one wins 500k. And all Bakeries/Restaurants are competing. Dad expanded the restaurant and added a little bakery. He did it just so I could start working in my dream job, I love my dad. It kinda sucks that Thiago isn't in my team. We could kick everyone's asses.

"After this competition, we should go on a date." He said while interlacing our fingers.

We were at my house watching a movie all snuggled up.

"I agree." I pecked his lips. "What if one of us loses, what if I kick your ass or you kick mine?"

"I prefer to kiss your sweet cheeks." He smirked. "But, if one of us loses or someone else kick our asses, we accept it and move on with our lives. This competition wont get between us."

I smiled at him. I'm falling for him so deep. I will tell him after the competition. "I like that."

..........

The next day we all got ready. First bakeries are competing and then, restaurants. Thiago's father also built a bakery next to his restaurant for Thiago. I mean even if he's hungry for power, at least he built a bakery for his son

"Well, well. If it isn't chef Cooper." Thiago said while walking towards me.

"If it isn't, chef Navarro." I rolled my eyes. "By the way, you look hot." I whispered.

"So do you, I want to rip off those clothes and have you for dessert right now." He whispered back.

"You're insatiable." I chuckled.

"You're one to talk." He winked at me, "good luck, princesa."

"Good luck." I smiled. He returned to his place.

"Alright, chef's get creative in 3, 2, 1, go!" The host announced.

And I focused on my dessert, I didn't have time to think about anyone, it was just me and my head on the prize. Yeah I'm very competitive. I think the bet proved it. After an hour, everything was done, you have any idea what is like to bake under pressure? Is a nightmare. Good thing these competitions only happen one time a year.

"Times up, if you didn't finished it, then better luck next time." The host said. The judges went from table to table, looking at every detail and trying the dessert.

After the judges finished with every table, they returned to their table and started to whisper. Okay I'm nervous, can they like hurry up and either crush us or tell us who won. They call the host and gave him the answer.

He opened the paper and said, "this has never happened before, it's a tie between, Bella's Bakery and Thiago's Bakery."

Everyone gasped. The other contestant's left angry. Such a dramatic moment. Me, I wanted to laugh. The host called us to the front.

"Alright, you two have two options here, you can either create a new recipe and bake it now, or split the cash."

Thiago and I looked at each other and smiled. "We'll split the cash." We said in unison.

"Like hell you are, make a new recipe and win!" His father yelled at him.

"Actually, it's my decision. I worked my ass off in the competition. And it's my bakery that won, don't forget that it's in my name not yours." He told him in the most calm way.

I looked at my parents and they smiled at me.

"Ese es mi hijo!" A woman yelled. (That's my son.)

He looked in the crowd and smiled at the woman. She appeared to be my mom's age. The host gave us a big fat cheque. Thiago told me to hold on to it and then he made a run to where the woman was and hugged her. The resemblance was uncanny.

-Thiago-

I couldn't believe that my mother was here. How much I've missed her. I hugged her like there was no tomorrow.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming."

"It was a surprise. I'm happy that you stood up to your father and that you won." She chuckled as I did too.

"The man needs to chill. How did you put up with him for so many years, is beyond me." I shook my head.

"Love blind us all. And speaking of love, is that the famous Arabella, you've sent me a picture."

"The one and only, come on I'll introduce you to her." I replied.

We walked to where she was and I planted a soft kiss on her lips. She smiled.

"Mom, this is Arabella Cooper. The girl that has me crazy."

"Pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise." Arabella said as they shook hands.

"So all of this time, you've been screwing the competition!?" We turned to see my dad.

"If it makes you feel better, he's amazing in bed." Bella told him as if it was the most natural thing in the world. The fact that she doesn't have any filter makes me like her even more. She speaks her mind.

Mom laughed and I did too. Gotta love Bella. Wait, did I say love?

"Tomas, give it a rest, they are happy together. This whole power thing is the reason why we are no longer together, if you keep this up, you'll end up alone and with no one." Mom told him. "Grow up a little."

"You grow up." He rolled his eyes and then left.

"So, you're still in love with him aren't you?" Bella teased her.

"Me, pff." She laughed. "That obvious?"

"Yes." We answered her.

"Okay yes, but his hunger for power it's what led me to divorce him. He never paid attention to me and even when his business was already successful he wanted more and stop being the romantic man I fell for the first time." She sighed.

"It's never too late for love. I say, you should work with Thiago in his bakery and Tomas will see you and realized, that he was an idiot for letting you go and will want you back. Sometimes it takes the right partner to knock some sense. I'm sure he's still in love with you." Bella told my mom.

It really does take the right person to knock some sense. I know my Bella did that for me. I mean I listen to my father and hurt Bella the first time.