Is the end in sight?

It had been a week since we had arrived at Hogwarts, since we had been sorted and started classes. I had been put in Slytherin and was away from my family most of the time. 

I either spent my time in lesson, in the great hall studying or in the Slytherin common room. Draco and his friends thought it was best if I kept away from Harry and his 'blind followers' as Draco put it. 

It was Thursday afternoon, and I'd just left Defense Against the Dark Arts, which the Slytherins share with the Gryffindors. Today was horrifically boring, Umbridge had another fight with Harry and gave him detention and all the Slytherins found this wonderful. I was walking down the corridor to the great hall when Scorpius came up beside and grabbed hold of my hand.

"Are you okay?" He whispered. I nodded and carried on holding tight onto Scorpius' hand like it was a lifeline.

We sat down at the far end of one of the four long tables in the great hall. I took my books from my bag and placed them on the table. Me and Scorpius were reading Defensive Magical Theory, which was mind-numbing. I was getting frustrated and silently wishing I was back in my actual Defense Against the Dark Arts class, changing boggarts, practising jinxes and dueling. 

Books slam down on the table in front of me. It was Draco, Cabbe and Goyle.

"How pretentious does Potter think he is aguing back against Umbidge like that, doesn't he know his fame doesn't give him the right to be rude to a teacher?" Draco hissed bitterly.

"He's just sticking up for what he believes Draco" I said exhausted, I didn't realise how much Draco would get on my nerves when I first befriended him. The fact that him and Scorpius share the same genes boggles me.

"Do you believe him Lily?" Draco inquired 

"It doesn't matter what I believe"

"That's not what I asked, do you believe Harry Potter about you know who's return"

"Maybe I do, he tells a very convincing story Draco"

"Exactly a story. Fiction. Lies. Lily if you ever expect to get anywhere in life you need to start learning to ally yourself with the right people, make powerful friends" he said almost calmly but firmly as well

"I think I can choose my friends for myself thank you very much!" He looked quite suprised and I realised, it was simlilar to what my father had said to him in their first year. As I stood up and turned around I almost crashed into another person 

"Ahaha hi Lily" Ginny said, laughing and regaining her balance

"Hi Ginny" I looked back to the table to pick up my books and Draco was staring at me

"Look Lily, you don't need to pretend to be friends with the Weasley" He sneered

"Not pretending Draco, i'm going to study with them I'll see you later" I said and Scorpius stood up and followed me

We walked over to the table where most of the Gryffindors were congregated. A few people looked towards me and Scorpius, we kept walking over to Harry and the others.

"Hi" I said as I sat down. There was a chorus of hello's and we all carried on studying, exchanging notes and discussing the events of the day. 

Loud, fast footsteps were drawing nearer and nearer whilst we all had our heads in our books. Lifting my head up, I saw Albus running towards us.

"I... have news..." He said breathlessly when he got to us "but we... can't talk here..." everyone stood up and followed each other out of the hall.

---------

We had found an empty classroom to talk in and Albus explained 

"Dad rang me just now and told me they think they found a way to fix the time turner and it can get us back home. So obviously the time turner that was broken was Aunt 'Mionies from her third year. Well our parents think they can use the one at home to send, almost, a signal to the one here and if we use it, it should be able to take us to the location of the broken one - therefore, getting us home!" Everyone was stunned into silence, then an eruption of laughs, high fives and hugs filled the room. I beamed and hugged Scorpius, who was next to me, tight. We were finally going home. 

"When will this be ready?" Dom asked

"Tommorrow if we are lucky. Fleur, Teddy and the others in the order are all on their way here. The order are coming to see us off, Dumbledore sent them an owl to tell them. He's the only one I went to before coming to see you lot" He said with a smile still plastered to his face.

"So this could be our last night here?" Hugo asked. Albus nodded

"Then I personally think we should celebrate. It has been so wonderful getting to know you all and I think you should have a proper farewell, even if we do meet again." Hermionie suggested

"Yeah, what about a bonfire down at Hagrid's? Say sundown?" Ginny added. Everyone agreed and we all left to go back to our dorms and wait for sundown. 

-------------

Everyone had left, happy and excited, not realising that a certain Malfoy had overheard things he should not have been listening to...

-------------

~~~~~~

Thanks for reading guys! It's been a while since I updated but life has been really hectic at the minute given I just went back to school.

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on this: Should Draco getting involved end good or bad? If you want to let me know what your thoughts are, any ideas you might have! 

Stay safe guys!

~~~~~~