This wasn't meant to happen

~~~~~

hey so thanks for reading my story, i know it's been a bit long so far but we're about to get to the main bit. thanks for reading, please vote and comment ...

~~~~~

Dad didn't say anything, he just sat down in his chair and sighed.

"Are you sure, your brothers could do it a your age?" he looked dissapointed, taking off his glasses and tossing them onto his desk. "I just want you to be able to protect yourself Lily"

"And I can protect myself dad, dementors aren't a problem, they haven't bothered anyone since the war!"

"It doesn't matter if they're a problem now it matters that they could come back and you need to be able to protect yourself Lily, this isn't up for debate you will learn the patronus charm"

"But dad, it's not that I don't want to learn it, it's just that i can't. i've tried and i've tried but i can't" 

"well then you need to try harder lily, you will master the patronus charm by the end of christmas, I didn't want any of you children to know yet but there has been increased dementor activity over the past few weeks, we think they're still working with the death eaters."

"DAD! You're not hearing me, I don't think I can produce a patronus, maybe i'm just not happy enough..."

"how can you not be happy you have evrything lily, a loving family, a roof over your head, an amazing school what about that doesn't make you happy?"

"I DON'T KNOW DAD I am happy I just... I can't get the right memory for the charm, I don't know!"

"look i am going to go and see if your mother needs help, if you need to cool down stay, in here" dad left the room and i was sat there alone at his desk. In that moment I don't know what came across me but i flipped. 

I swept all of dad's stuff off of his desk and onto the floor in a fit of rage. there was smashing and clattering as it all landed on the floor. I pulled off all the books on his shelves. I was so angry. how dare he tell me i should be completely happy because of everything i have, but I also live in constant danger of death eaters, and dementors. Maybe that's why I can't produce a patronus i'm always in danger, because i'm harry potter's daughter. James and Albus came rushing in as I knocked over dad's globe which smashed as it hit the floor.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU DOING!" james shouted, he looked stunned at what he was looking at

"what is that?" I said noticing a glint of gold from within the smashed globe

"I MEAN REALLY LILY YOU CAN'T JUST GO ROUND DESTROYING DAD'S STUDY!" He kept shouting

i walked closer to the globe and bent closer to the gold. i noticed there was smashed glass in the middle of what looked like gold rings held on a chain.

"Lily are you even listening to me?!" james lowered his voice i could hear footsteps heading towards the study. 

"James just calm down she's emotional just give her a minute" Albus cut in placing his hand on james' shoulder. i touched th gold and realised there was sand on the floor, i went to pick up the chain but noticed there was sadn on the floor as i went to touch the sand i heard Albus call out "Lily no!" but it was too late the whole room got swept up in a sort of golden sandstorm

when it cleared we were no longer in potter manor...