One month later...

"Lily! Get a move on or we'll be late. Merlin knows today is not the day to be late!" Lily's mother yelled as she walked down the hallway past her bedroom. Lily was sat on her bed staring at the wall across from her bed. She was wearing a black dress that fell just below her knee, sleeves that came down to her elbows and a thin black belt to tie it together. She also wore black heels and let her hair fall in red curls down her back. 

As she left the room she picked up the black blazer that hung on the hooks near her door. As she put it on she felt something in the pocket, something similar to the feel of paper. Then she realised, this was the blazer she wore when Scorpius told her what had happened, the day when she had meant to give him this photo but she was given heartbreaking news instead. The photo was of her and Scorpius both in Slytherin robes, taken by Colin Creevey when her and her family accidently traveled back to the past. Colin had given it to her just after, in the picture they had been laughing as they walked across the courtyard to Divination. Lily thought for a second about her time in the past and how when she had gotten back home she was finally able to produce a patronus. Lily's thoughts were interrupted by James knocking on her door.

"You alright Lil's?" James no longer had his usual cheeky grin but a solemn expression, one of real sympathy. Lily meerly nodded. "Look, I know today is going to be difficult for everyone but we have to remember Scorpius and Mr Malfoy need us today. You know that's why mum is running around stressing because all she's been doing these last few days is preparing for the funeral." Lily let a look of suprise cross her face, she had never heard James call Scorpius' dad Mr Malfoy before. Lily nodded again and they both made their way downstairs to where their mother, father, and Albus were waiting. They would be traveling to Malfoy Manor by side along apparition. Lily held her father's arm tight whilst her brothers held their arms out to their mother. 

In a moment they had left Potter Manor and were stood outside the gates of the huge white stone manor that loomed ahead. The gardens were unkept and overgrown, the gates were rusty and creaked as they opened for them. Lily could see her mother making mental notes of more she could do to help the Malfoy's out. Lily's mother had spent the last few weeks helping the Malfoy's with anything and everything she could - inviting them for dinner so they didn't need to worry about cooking themselves, helping Draco plan his wife's funeral, letting Draco and Scorpius stay at Potter Manor and she would run countless other errands for them. 

The Potter's walked up to the open doors where Draco was greeting guests, there weren't many but enough for a quiet ceremony. Draco held his hand out and shook Harry's, and hugged Ginny then kissed her on both cheeks. They entered the house and saw Scorpius sat on the bottom step of the massive staircase. He lifted his head as the Potters walked in. Harry and Ginny headed straight through to the gardens down to where the Malfoy family plot was at the end of the garden. James stood awkwardly as Albus took a seat next to his best friend, Lily stood there next to James unsure as to how to aproach Scorpius. 

"You alright mate?" Albus said breaking the clinging silence. 

"Erm yeah I guess" Scorpius stood up and Albus quickly followed. "Look I'm er- I'm going to head out to the gardens I'll meet you guys out there." He brushed down his crisp black suit and headed towards the door

"Scorp-" Lily said as he got to the doorway. Lily walked to his side and pulled out the photograph in her pocket. "I thought you might want this" Scorpius looked at the photo and smiled softly - that was the first time she'd seen him smile in almost a month. 

"That was fun."

"What was?"

"You being a Slytherin for a bit." Lily let out a soft chuckle 

"Maybe I was always partly Slytherin, like my dad..."

"Maybe."

"Scorp- I don't really know what to say or how to help you-"

"Don't say anything. Lily I lost my mother, even I don't know what to say, just- just be with me. Stand by my side and just be there."

"I will always be stood by your side Scorp, I love you."

"I love you too Lily." They took hold of eachothers hands and headed out to the garden where everyone had congregated ready for Astoria Malfoy's funeral to begin.  

~~~~~

And that's it! I'm done! I really hope you all liked it, thank you for reading! Have an amazing day guys. Stay safe!

~~~~~