Amendment (Jennie POV)

My head feels so heavy soonest after I woke up. My throat feels dry and I feel dizzy. I take a chance to relax and calming myself down. I started to remember that I was drunk and wasted last night. I take a long sigh as I'm still sitting in my bed. I've been like this for quiet some time now and I'm not sure when exactly I'm going to stop. Cause obviously its not good for my health. Suddenly an image of lisa sitting in my bed invading my mind. I try to think hard. Was it real or just a dream? No. Its probably just my crazy imagination. Impossible for her to be here, its not like she know where I live.

I begin to check on my body and I'm surprised. Normally irene would only take off my shoes and left. But somehow she is being extra nice to me this time. Its strange that all of sudden she willing enough to change my clothes. I smile a little to her sweet act, such a good sister. Soon I get out of my bed and heading to the living area. Something caught my attention as I walked to the kitchen. It smells so damn good and my stomach started to make a sound. Appearantly there's a porridge on the stove. It still hot. Okay, but honestly why did irene being so attentive to me now? I'm puzzled. Without wasting time I started to take a bowl and put the porridge inside. A moment later I sit on the kitchen island enjoying the food alone. Okay this is weird. Why it gives me a warm feeling. The taste of it seem so familiar. Eventually I finished eating them all.

For the next few days, I didn't longer see lisa around. I assumed she didn't dare to come here anymore after being warned by the police. But somehow I feel like something is missing. Maybe my act is a little bit too much? Don't you think? I didn't longer receive flowers or chocolates from her. I thought my mind will be at ease. Eventually I started to feel worried by her disappearance. I hate the fact that I'm defeated by my own emotion. All this time I keep reminding myself to cut lisa out of my life but my heart is betraying me.

--

"Any story to share?" Irene started the conversation as we spend time together having high tea. "Nothing much. I just feel happy that finally lisa stop chasing me" I stated. I'm trying so hard to convince myself that I'm okay. I tried to buried everything away. "Oh. Really? Good for you then" irene responded with her small smile. I don't know why but it seems like she feels uncomfortable but I just let it slide. "Umm. Jennie.." come out from irene's mouth. She is hesitating and it makes me curious. "What?" I asked while looking at her intently. But only to receive a smile with a shake of head from her as an answer. It's annoying actually, her words were hanging but I'm too lazy to dig. Not until she started to talk again. "There's something I want to tell you" she said while looking confused. I can't stand it anymore so I begin to force her to speak. "Okay that's it. Spill!"

"Hmm. About lisa.." she continued but I'm getting impatient cause the way she talks is so fucking slow. "Yesss..?" I try to encourage her to speak more. I can see her gulping before she open her mouth again. "actually.. she took the scholarship for the sake of your parents" I'm shocked upon hearing her words. My world suddenly stop. My heart started to thumping so hard. "They won't allow her to date you unless she upgrading herself.. So they command her to take the scholarship" Irene continued explaining. For a moment, I couldn't feel myself. My heart is aching soon as I remember how bad I treated her. And it hurts me even more as I remember how diligent she is trying to win me back. She has been spoiling me with flowers and chocolates and all I did was pushing her away.

An image of her standing cold outside of my boutique started to invading my mind. It crushed me inside. If only I knew, I wouldn't hurt her like that. I wouldn't heartlessly slapping her face. I couldn't longer contained myself that I started to cry. "No.. She should have told me" I said between sobbing. "Jennie I'm sorry, but its seems like she don't want you to have a conflict with your parents" irene added in her low tone.

All this time I thought she is playing with my feelings. I thought her love isn't real. But the truth, she sacrifies so much for people around me. She willing to endure the pain just to be with me. I ended crying for hours infront of irene. My heart is completely torn.

After quiet sometime, I started to calm down. I begin to asked irene about lisa's whereabout. I need to see her. I want to make an ammendment immediately. Soon I drove off to her workplace. Its 9.30pm as I arrived infront of her shop. Coincidentally as I got out of the car, I saw lisa locking the front door. Her back is facing me. I started to feel weak. I miss her. I want to hug her so bad. I feel suffocate. Soon as she turned around I begin to cry.