Chapter 11- Why help?

I woke up looking at white ceiling. This was not my room. Immediately sat up looking at the walls of the room. It was painted in white.

Thank God, I was still in Clifford. Of course I was, the walls were painted white. If I was not in Clifford then the walls wouldn't be painted white at all.

"Where am I?" I asked no one in particular.

I sat up on the bed. I took one last look of the room, oh-no. I stood up and walked around the room. From the looks of things around like posters , equipment and the smell of disinfectant, I could easily tell that I was at the infirmary.

"How did I even get here?" I asked the air. "Okay let's retrace my steps. What happened before I got here." I tried to recall. So this how it went. "I woke up ready for the first official day at this school. Then I went to class only to get pulled out of my sit by my hair....... I remember now it was that bastard called Zayn. He is the reason why I am here now."

By the way, I thought I had a bleeding scalp. I walked out of the infirmary, suprised about the fact that no one was there to attend to sick or injured students. Maybe the nurse in charge went out for a snack. I guess this is my lucky day, or it would have been if Zayn didn't ruin it.

I walked around the hallways, trying to find my way to the nearest girl's bathroom. After about two minutes I found one. I stepped into it, going straight to the mirror to check the injury on my scalp.

My hair was no longer red, but there were still bandages all around it. I screamed looking at my reflection in the mirror. Remember, I was once a girlie-girl, but now a part delinquent. But being a delinquent doesn't mean I shouldn't care about my appearance. I looked horrible with all these bandages on my head. And you know whose fault it is.

"Zayn!!!" I yelled, walking out of the bathroom in search of Zayn. "Just wait till I get my hands on you" I said through gritted teeth. He needed to be taught a lesson.

As I was walking down the hallway past students, I noticed that students were looking at me. "What you've never seen a transfer student?" Is what I would have asked them if I did not just ignore them. Only one thing was important now, and that was to find Zayn and teach him a lesson he'll never be able to forget. I continued my mission to find Zayn until......

"Wait, Jade!" I heard someone call. I turned around to find Ryan jogging towards me.

"What?" I asked him. He was just wasting my precious time, taking his time to jog towards me. Flexing his muscles...... Wait, what am I thinking. Snap out of it Jade. "Do you know I could use those seconds to murder someone?" I asked him.

"You have to hide now. Come with me" he said reaching out to grab my arm, but I quickly shifted it.

"Oh, so it's urgent huh?" I asked. "You knew you didn't have time to waste before playing hide n seek, so why did you waste so much time jogging in your glory?"

"Jade I'm serious, you really need to hide." He said.

"Wait, how do you know my name?" I asked him.

"Exactly, everyone knows that you are Jade Smith. That is why you need to hide"

"So that is why people have been staring at me. I've become a celebrity in Clifford. You know attracting all the attention-" A loud and annoyed groan, cut me off. "So why do I need to hide, Smith's don't hide." I said.

"It's because-" I cut him off.

"Wait, how did they know?" I asked.

"Know what?"

"That I'm Jade Smith."

"Like you said you are famous. And in a bad way." he said.

"Bad....way." I repeated.