Chapter 16: Twin trouble.

"Yes." I replied, looking him in the eye.

His hands clenched and the muscles in his body became tensed. Oh oh, what have I done?

I quickly turned around, luckily evading his grip this time. I sprinted down the hallway. As I was running, I bumped into someone. Karma surely hates me, huh. I rubbed my eyes and moved backwards to see who it was.

Oh, did I say karma hated me? I think I was wrong there. It was Karen.

"Phew, it's you." I sighed in relief. I grabbed her by her arms and pulled her along with me.

"Excuse me, have we met?" Karen said, yanking her hand out of mine.

"Duh, remember? You were the one who spoke to me first." I said, rolling my eyes at her. "Never knew you had a short-term memory. By the way, we can't talk here. I kinda got into a little or maybe big trouble."

"Of course, Jade Smith always gets into trouble. And next time, don't just drag someone you have never spoken to again. It's so damn rude bitch. Didn't your mother ever tell you that? Of course not. It's Jade Smith I'm talking about here, the girl who gets into trouble everyday. Worst part, I doubt if she has completed just one lesson. A lesson!!! Not to talk about a full day. The one and only jagagban* in Clifford. Sometimes I just wonder what kind of girl you are? I know it's a delinquent school but at least, you should know there are boundaries. There are people that you can mess with, and some that you can't. Next time, know when to stop-" she was lecturing or boring me with her long and endless speech, when I interrupted her.

*Jagagban: Someone who willful disobeys the rules even though he/she knows that it is wrong, and also knows the punishment attached to it. (It's a slang.)

"I think that advice is for yourself. You talk too much." I said, looking her up and down. She definitely wasn't Karen. Karen was taller than the girl who stood before me. Karen's voice is lighter and more calm than the loud and rude one i heard some minutes ago. She is fatter than Karen. And obviously she talks too much. I was wondering if she was ever gonna shut up.

"You think? Wow, I never knew you could think. I taught you just act without thinking. But come to think of it, how did you even end up here? Or how did you even get yourself into this sticky mess on your first week of stay here?" She asked me, cocking her hip to the side.

"Sorry, wrong person. I have to go now." I said pointing in the opposite direction before I started walking away.

"Oh so now you know?"

"Yeah, you're definitely not Karen. 'Cuz you talk way too much." I said, increasing my pace.

"Wait! Wait up!!" She shouted, trailing behind me. "Hold up! Hold up!!" She tried to walk faster as I increased my pace.

As I turned the corner, I bumped into someone. Why must there be someone to bump into at every corner of this school? I looked up to find Karen or was it the talkative doppelganger? How did she manage to get ahead of me that fast?

"Wait, how did you...?" I asked, turning back to see another Karen. I looked to my front and then back, front and back repeating my actions a few times in confusion. Then one of the two Karen decided to speak up.

"Oh, I can see you have met Kayla." The Karen at my front said, gesturing to the Karen at my back.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows at Karen number one ( the Karen in front of me).

"Remember that time when I my sister kept on leaving missing calls for me?" Karen number one asked me. I was just so confused to answer. "Say hello to my twin sister."