Chapter 17: Question answered.

"What, you did that?" They asked me in unison again. They had a scared expression splattered on their faces. Kayla scared expression slowly turned into a smirk.

"Why do you guys always say things at the same time?" I asked them, wiping the drop of tear that was rolling down my cheek. Somehow, the memory of me slapping Zayn across his face make ma feel so much better.

"We are serious." Karen said, at the same time Kayla said. "Answer us."

"I am also being serious about you guys saying things simultaneously." I answered both their sentences, and at the same time I requested for an answer to mine.

"Okay, we say things in unison because we are twins. You happy now?" Kayla asked me.

"Do I look happy?" I asked her back.

"Must you always answer my question with a question of yours?"

"Yes, and not only your questions. I do it to everyone's questions too. See, I didn't answer your last question with another question, did I?"

"Yes you did."

"Ugh, stop it!!!" Karen shouted. "You slapped Zayn?" She asked me slowly.

"Didn't I just say that?" I asked again.

"See, you answered it with a-" Kayla was saying before Karen interrupted her.

"Shut up, will you?" Karen asked her twin. Kayla mumbled some curse words under her breath. "Why did you slap him?" She asked.

"I spent the last fifteen minutes explaining why I slapped him. And here you are, asking me why I slapped him." I sighed. "I slapped him because he kept on going on and on about my late best friend. The guts he has." I said, starting to get angry. "And how did he even know her name? Argh, this is just so frustrating. Is he stalking me?" I asked.

"He must've done his research before approaching you." Kayla said, soothing my shoulders.

"So to summarize all this, you are in trouble and now realize that you can be afraid of someone." Karen said with a flat face.

"No." I said, denying it.

"When I said I wanted drama, I meant without fear" Karen said.

"I like any type of drama." Kayla said, shrugging her shoulders.

Then suddenly I heard a rustling sound. Like someone was stepping on the dried up tree leaves. Oh no, someone's here. The rustling sound continued as the person got closer and closer.

"Someone is there." I said.

"Who do you think it is?" Kayla asked.

"How do you expect me to know?" I asked.

"Duh, you found out that someone was there anyway, so you should also know who it is."

"How do you want me to know that?"

"You have a nose right, smell the scent or something."

"Don't you also have a nose-"

"Sshh, keep quiet." Karen said. "I can't believe you two are arguing in a time like this."

The person got nearer and nearer until his identity was revealed. It was Ryan.

"Oh, it's you." I sighed a sigh of relief at the sight of him.

"I heard your voice so I came to check it out." He said, looking from me to Karen and then Kayla with a confused expression.

"Oh." Was the only word I could utter.

"I can see you've met the Brooke twins, huh?" He asked.

"Yeah, now can you please get out. We were discussing some private matters." I said.

"What is the use of saying please and get out in the same sentence?" He asked me.

"Get out! I've got personal issues to discuss." I said this time without the 'please' since he said I shouldn't use both at the same time.

"Personal?" He scoffed. "You mean the issue that the whole school is presently talking about?" He asked.

I gulped in as I said. "What do you mean the whole school?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. "Everyone is currently in search of the almighty Jade Smith. The only girl who's got the guts to challenge Zayn. She even gets to the point where she slaps him across his face." He said, adding little dramatic effects.

"Can you guys stop calling me almighty." I asked.

"No." Ryan replied.

"Okay, now get out!" Kayla yelled, shoving Ryan away. "You are not helping matters one bit."

"Help what matter? I didn't send her to go slap Zayn." Ryan said.

"What is your problem." I asked Ryan. "You've been mad at me for some stupid, unknown reason. Even if you are angry at me, that still isn't enough reason why you should add salt on my injury." I said.

"I've told you that the case of being angry is now in the past." He said.

"Really, is it?" I asked him.

"Okay, stop it now. If you want to continue, take it to a room. Would you?" Kayla asked.

"Eww." I said like a grade student.

"Must you argue with everyone?" Karen asked me.

I opened my mouth to talk, but Karen spoke first. "Don't even think of answering that." Karen said.

"Buh-" I was interrupted before I could make a sentence.

"Shut it." The Brooke twins said at the same time again.

"Okay." I later agreed with them even though I don't want to.

"Thank you." Karen said.

*******

A/N: Hi guys.

What do you think about the Brooke twins saying things at the same time?

About Zayn knowledge about Maddie's death, what do you think?

I don't have much to say today, but I want to apologize for making the chapter short.

Love

Aisiella 💞