⭒13⭒

I notice
Everything,
I just don't speak on it.
{Somewhere on Google}
______________

I woke up today hoping it would be a pleasant day. I did my normal morning routine, made breakfast for everyone since it was a Saturday and cleaned up around the house. Basically the things my mother would expect me to do since I'm living with the Mukhtars and I owe them that much.

Everything went by smoothly and as expected, nothing was out of the norm. However, there was one thing which tilted my world on its axis.

It was midday and it was raining like mad outside. A postman came and dropped off  letters in the letterbox. Amongst the letters addressed for the Mukhtars, one came for me.

How was that possible. Especially when I hadn't been in the hospital for that long and neither was I in any Spanish government documents. My confusion was momentarily lived as I closed my room door behind me and opened the letter.

How wrong I was to have thought this letter came from the hospital.

The top of the page immediately caught my attention. The crown symbol cursing the page.

"To Laila Bakhash:
Previously you signed a contract of silence, which I assure you is working in your favour. But, I still have a few more requirements in order to ensure you are on the same page as me. I want you to carry out this simple task. At the end of this letter, I have assigned for you a location and what you are expected to do at what time. I do not tolerate no for an answer and neither do I failure. Do either of this and I will personally visit Mr. Mukhtar and give him a one way ticket to hell. Keep this letter safe.

Yours truly RCR"

Yours truly? Yours truly?!! Am I his long lost lover he's sending letters in such a way? Ya Allah. What have I gotten myself into.

My eyes skimmed over the location and his task set out for me. Anxiety washed over me like a cold storm. If I messed this up, uncles life was on the line. And if I said no the same would happen.

Although it wasn't a hard task, just the nerve of even minutely working for the Mafia set me on the edge. I felt like I was right in the middle of a hurricane. If I fell back I would break my back. And if I fell forward I would break my teeth. Ya Allah only you can help me.

Luckily tomorrow was a Sunday, which meant I would be able to carry out this weird and mysterious task. I had plenty of time to mentally prepare myself, for success or downfall. That I would learn tomorrow.

A lot of time had passed since the letter came for me. And with increasing time, so was the twins curiosity. They were insistent on their pestering and of course I gave in. But not completely. I told them the letter had came from the hospital. Not the seedy business I was concealing.

Sunday rolled around sooner than expected. Last night, despite tossing and turning around uncomfortably in bed, I had managed to fall asleep. Dread filled up in my stomach at the mere thiguht of what was to occur today.

I got up and made breakfast for everyone. I wasn't expected at this location until later on. I'm sure I had a few hours to myself until I would leave.

Once breakfast was over and done with, I went to my room and called my parents. They answered with a huge smile, asking me how my days are going.

"Alhamdulillah good ammi g. How are you and everyone else" I asked.

"Alhamdulillah great all thanks to Allah" she said, smiling. She looked grateful, as if she had everything in the world. Just looking at my mum made me think why I wasn't the same. Shouldn't I also be grateful for what Allah has proivided me with? Health, a roof to live under, Mashallah working in a hospital with amazing people. And here I was still upset over a one time small task?

With the newfound hope, I got ready and announced to auntie and uncle I'm going out.

"Okay dear. Be safe and don't go anywhere where there's not a crowd. Are you sure you don't want Lameesa or the twins to accompany you" uncle says, voicing his concern.

"Yes uncle. I will make sure to do exactly what you say. Salaam" I exclaim, zipping the coat up and waving at them before exiting.

I walk to the bus station and wait for a bus to arrive. I took the letter out of my pocket, but not before looking around at my surroundings. The coast was clear meaning there weren't a lot of people around me. Except an old couple and a few teenagers who were stood a couple feet away.

It was very windy today, resulting in my hijab flying around everywhere. I could feel my cheeks turning red, as I gripped onto the scarf mid-air before tucking it into my coat.
Just then the bus arrived. I payed for the ticket and sat at the back.

After ten minutes, the bus arrived at it's destination. The demon wanted me to go to the heart of Madrid. Most specifically, next to the equestrian statue. I had been there with Lameesa in the beginning of my arrival in Spain. Then, the area was heavily guarded with police, but I'm not sure about now.

Thanking the bus driver, I walked over to the huge statue, assessing the place around it. There were still many police littered around the vicinity, if not more. I took out the letter and read over what I was expected to do once again. It didn't understand why I had to do all this and for what motive.

Suddenly a police officer came and stood next to me. I quickly folded up the letter, making sure he hadn't seen the arrogant symbol on the page. He looked at me before looking around. His mouth set in a grim line.

"Lo siento, señorita, pero voy a tener que sacarte de aquí!" He said so loud, and so suddenly I jumped in fright. The very few tourists around me stopped taking pictures of the sight and instead turned our way, wanting to see what the commotion was all about.

Same. I don't know why he's shouting and at who.

"¿No me escuchaste?" He said, fully turning towards...me? What does he want from me. He looked at me expectantly. Unfortunately for him and me, I couldn't even speak fluent Spanish.

"Lo siento pero y-" I didn't even finish what I was saying before he grabbed my arm in his rough hand before dragging me away from the equestrian statue. Fear made it's way to my mind. Not to mention I was being manhandled. We're the police here racist. He didn't seem to mind anyone else. Why me?

I didn't realise I was screaming for him to let me go until he freed me from his grip harshly, his glare stilling my movements. I looked around me. He had taken me to some sort of secluded street.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see some more police officers guarding our area, making sure no one would come in between us.

I was scared beyond belief but didn't want to show it. The police officer infront of me produced a phone from somewhere, holding it between us. I looked at it in alarm and confusion. He dragged me to a street so he could give me a phone? What on earth.

Nevertheless bringing the phone upto my ears, I was met with a deep and cunning voice. The demons. My eyes widened in fear, before I looked up at the police officer. He was now stood further away, pacing around.

"Surprised are we?" My attention was brought back to the phone.

Nothing made sense. These were police officers so how were they in contact with the Mafia.

Unless...

______________

On my last chapter, I didn't get 10 votes 
:(   which is upsetting. Am I doing a lousy job?

As much as I was eager for the chapter to reach ten votes, I was equally as ecstatic to post the next chapter... So here you go! My amazing readers!!

I hope you enjoy!!

Lo siento señorita, pero voy a tener que sacarla de aquí= I'm sorry miss but I'm going to have to move you away from here

no me escuchaste= did you not hear me?

VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE with your friends!! Thank you!