⭒28⭒

Silence is full of the unspoken,
Of deeds undone, of confessions to secret love, and of wonders not expressed.
Our truth is hidden in our silence,
Yours and I.
{Ahmad Shamlou}
__________

The whole reason why the demon was and still is on my tail is because of my very first night here In Spain. When I'd caught some dangerous guys talking between themselves.

Thinking back to that night, Im pretty sure I recall one of the scary men holding a child. Could that have been Jimena. Because as far as I know the demons last name is Rey which also happens to be Jimena's last name.

And I'm sure of the fact that Julia was scared when she mentioned anything about this Mr Rey and even stopped herself from saying anymore. Could this man be the demon himself.

Wasting no time, I ran out of the hospital, out of my mind. Where did they go. Oh god help me. Both the duo were nowhere in sight yet I had a duty to get back to too.

Laila you're not thinking straight. Go back inside, have a warm cup of tea and sort your head out. All of this is a coincedance. I mean there are hundreds of people in Spain with the name Rey. You're just paranoid.

And perhaps a bit of a spy detective who may have solved a huge mystery. Shut up brain, you're coming up with random thoughts. Ugh! Okay now I was going insane.

Thankfully Marissa was able to drag me out of my thinking abyss.

"Whatcha doing looking all hopeless Laila. I'm sure you've got patients to attend to" she brushed her arms next to mine.

I looked at her jokingly as a fake smile adorned my lips.

"And don't you have patients to be looking after Miss Davila" I sassed back.

"I already have Miss Bakhash" she replied back cockily, pretending to chew a chewing gum, very loudly might I add.

We both chuckled together after some time. We were not right in the head. Well moreso me. I shook my head getting rid of all these thoughts.

"Hey Laila look" she swatted my arm, rather vigorously might I add, grabbing my attention.

"What" I said looking at her in sudden confusion. But her attention was turned towards something else. Or rather someone else.

"Do you know those men?" I asked, wondering what was so special about them. She nodded at me, glancing back at them.

"Si I know of them, but not them. You know the one with the big belly and bald head" she exclaimed lowly not wanting to draw attention from around us. I nodded at her to continue.

"Well rumours flying around between the doctors here that he's bad news. One night, a doctor had just served his night shift and he was coming out of the reception to only hear loud noises from the room down there" he jolted her head towards the right side of the hospital.

That was where I had gone to retrieve that file.

"He said he heard someone screaming to someone else most likely on the phone. I can't seem to remember what they were talking about exactly but I did hear the word file" her eyebrows furrowed in deep concentration. But I didn't need to hear anymore.

That file. That stupid file which the demon made me risk my life for. Could it be that one.

"Marissa. Did they mention anything about the colour of this supposed file" she was silent for a few minutes which I was suspecting as a no.