⭒27⭒

There are no accidental meetings
between souls.
{Sheila Burke}
_________

Cleaning myself up took less than five minutes. The night was cold and windy, as the leaves blew around me. I got into the car, successfully and satisfied my blood wouldn't splurge everywhere.

The demon started the car and soon we were down the road, speeding past cars. My stomach was still hurting but the pain this time was bearable. At least I wasn't dying this time round.

"Not a single word should get out about today" the demons deep voice commanded. As if I had the balls to do that. I was in my own little world of pain that I didn't even bother to think of telling everyone what went down today.

"You don't have to worry about that" I mumbled, looking out at the moon. I've got other problems to worry about. We soon reached the Mukhtars residence, as I groggily thanked the demon and got out the car. I shut the door gently behind me, afraid of anyone waking up and witnessing me coming out a car, with a guy in it.

I didn't even take two steps forwards before a zoom was heard behind me. The demon had sped down the street, without a care in the world if the neighbourhood heard the screeching of tyres and the loud engine.

Sighing to myself, I walked up to the porch, gently twisting in the keys before shutting the door behind me. The dark made it hard to see anything but I still did look out for anyone around. Thankfully there was no one.

With heavy steps and a heavy heart, I walked straight up to my room and laid on the bed, hoping that tomorrow was a much better and painless day. I'm not sure if I would be able to wake up for the hospital, but then again, this was my future. And no matter what, I would help those in need of my help.

I looked down at the reports of the adult patients under my care and made sure everything was under control. Alhamdulillah so far so good. A sudden screech made me look up from my observation, to a familiar looking young face.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that face but where.

"Hola. You're the doctor I like mucho" she said in her cute voice. I felt really bad for not knowing what her name was, but she eased my worries away.

"I'm Jimena. You don't remember me do you" her voice faltered just like the small, toothy grin on her face. I raked my brain at seventy-miles per hour, until everything clicked.

How could I have forgotten the young Jimena, who I thought had blanked me. Oh Laila.

"Of course I remember you sweetie. You were my patient" I exclaimed getting down on one knee now eye to her with her. Even then, I was a bit taller. I instantly frowned seeing the tears glisten in her eyes, as one cascaded down her cheek.

"Oh Jimena. Don't cry dear" I couldn't help but hug her forgetting all professionalism the second I saw her worried face. Her small arms went around my neck, seemingly calming down.

After a couple seconds, I attempted to let her go, but she gripped even tighter. I stopped trying and eventually gave in, partly so that I wouldn't suffocate from her surprisingly tight grip.

Standing up, I picked her along with me, her legs going around my waist. This was going to be hard as i'd figured the poor girl was sensitive.

"Who did you come here with Jimena?" I soothed.

"My-my nannie, Julia" I looked around ,with Jimena still in my arms for a women that looked like a Julia. I believe I spotted her, in call with someone, a terrified look on her face.

I patted Jimena's back, asking her if that lady was her nanny. Thankfully she nodded. I immediately set off towards Julia, who now had her back turned towards me. Her voice broke every so often to the on the other side of the phone as she paced about madly.

I'm presuming she didn't take notice of me as I stood there patiently.

"Excuse me ma'am" I cleared my throat, hoping she understood English since my Spanish wasn't the best. The lady rapidly turned around, forgetting all about her phonecall, her teary eyes wide and face sweaty despite the cool atmosphere. Her gaze traveled to the girl in my arms, a look of relief washing over her.

"Dios Mio. Muchisimas gracias. I have been looking for Jimena for the last five minutes. If I had gone home without her, I don't know what Mister Rey w-" she stopped saying anymore, as she looked around guarded and on edge.

Where have I heard that name. Peculiar. I thought. I seemed to be having a lot of deja vu's lately.

"Ignore me. Thank you so much. Jimena come here now dear. We must go home" Julia held out her arms, but Jimena refused to let me go.

"No. No quiero volver a casa" Jimena pouted turning back around. Julia held a helpless look on her face, attempting to smile brightly.

"Jimena vamos querida te traeré lo que quieras solo ven conmigo" the girl suddenly turned around, her sole focus on Julia. Julia nodded quickly, attempting to grab Jimena one more time. Jimena this time round let her, her small legs wrapping around Julia's waist.

She looked back at me, smiling. Although my smile didn't reach my eyes, seeing the salty tear stains on her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry to be taking you out of your work doctor. You don't know the trouble you saved me" the nanny said her eyes full of gratitude. I smiled at her.

"Do not worry Julia. May I ask the reason for your visit here" my doctor mode came on.

"You're too kind. I actually came here for Jimena's reports. She had received an x-ray many days ago so we came here to get the reports for that" I nodded in understanding.

"And did you receive them?"

"Si yes" Julia's attention was turned towards her ringing phone, which Jimena had in her hand. Her face flushed turning from tanned to pale. What was she so scared of.

"Julia it's papa. Answer the call" Jimena urged. Julias face paled even more if possible, as a look of pure dread framed her features. I looked on, worried for her reaction. Why was she acting so scared.

"If that's all doctor. I'll see you another time. I must get home now. It's getting late for Jimena" she ushered herself out, shakily placing her bag over her shoulder. It was only five in the evening, unless Jimena usually had a map at this time.

I didn't think much of the nannies worrying and smiled at her encouragingly.

"That's fine. Have a good day misses. Buenas noches" I waved at Jimena, who looked at me now smiling.

"Ciao" she mouthed and soon she was out the door and out of my sight. I wish them two the best.

However a certain memory popped into my mind. That last name Rey. Why did it sound so familiar.

And then everything clicked. Or well sort of. Jimena and the demon have the same last name. As stupid as it may sound, does that mean they're both somehow related?

_________________

Can we get this chapter upto 18 votes and only then will I INSTANTLY upload chapter 28!!

DUN DUN DUN 😲 what on earth is Laila saying. Do you guys remember Jimena?

Haha. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know some of you have been waiting patiently for this chapter since I didn't know what to write, I apologise if it seems as of it's hastily done.

No quiero volver a casa= I don't want to go back home.

jimena vamos querida te traeré lo que quieras solo ven conmigo= jimena come on dear ill get you whatever you want just come with me

Dokt forget to VOTE COMMENT and SHARE!!!