⭒48⭒

Your task is not to seek for love,
but merely to seek and find all barriers within yourself which you have built against it.
{Rumi}
__________

A strangled cry escaped from within, as our eyes met for the first time in what felt like, a lifetime.

All my worries slipped away.

All those wounds which I'd received from being captured faded away. All those negative thoughts became an epiphany to hope.

I could physically stand tall, no longer feeling as if the weight of the world was on my shoulders. Finally I could breath again.

Happiness supported every muscle In my face as I smiled brightly. Tears of joy overflowing from my eyes.

"You, young lady are In a lot of trouble" came his reply. I didn't care of the consequences. All I cared about in that moment was going back home. I was saved, ya Allah. Thank you.

Upon the sudden outcome, tears of happiness and sorrow fell freely. I didn't comprehend when Rafael stepped closer, until I no longer felt the cool temperature of the room. I looked at myself, to see he'd taken off his blazer, in order to shield me. My body. My hair.

I couldn't be more thankful.

His piercing gaze rested on my face for longer than he'd ever stared before, as the rough pad of his hand traced my cheek.

Not expecting what happened next, he reached down towards the crown of my head, a flutter of a kiss being lay upon my forehead. A mixture of feelings erupted within my body, as he pulled back, looking at me as if he'd found the answer to all his problems.

"Did you buy me for a million dollars?" Came my gentle question. Tears fell from my eyes knowing that my humanity had been decreased down to nothing but money.

"You don't get to question me. You lost that right the moment you stepped into the hospital, against my orders" he gritted fiercely, a storm brewing in his eyes. At that moment, all signs of the previous Rafael changed into the Mafia Lord I'd come to know.

I stepped back, partially out of fear and partially because I knew I was at fault. Just like I'd recited in my head, for the past few days, it was all my fault.

But still. How was I to know I'd be kidnapped. And tortured. And sold. I looked down at my feet, as if been scolded by my mum, a slow frown overtaking my features. A wave of sadness overpowered my body, and in that moment, I'd realised how foolish I really was.

Suddenly, the previous man from before walked into the room, his hands in his pocket and his eyes straight on Rafael. Rafael came to stand infront of me, which I was thankful for.

"Ty vozvrashchayesh'sya v Ispaniyu?"

"Da" Rafael answered back, looking equally as dangerous and frightening. I watched the enicunter between the two with wide eyes, occasionally switching my stance. I could cut the tension with a knife.

It was even more frightening that I didn't know what was going on. What were they saying, and how did Rafael know Russian? So many unanswered questions, yet they could wait.

"And I'm guessing you already know this woman" the man's gaze wondered to me, before averting back to Rafael. I stood there still, shaking like a leaf, whilst Rafael stood straight as if this was his game to play.

Rafael didn't reply and the man didn't seem to mind. My attention was focused back on the man, as he sauntered towards me. Rafael shifted from the front, going to stand behind me. I looked at him, unsure of what was going on. His eyes were already on me, as he revealed a slow nod, which meant everything was fine, for now.