chapter 9

"what if i like got an apartment?"
she looked up and widened her eyes.
"what?"
she asked.
"well you know my dad is like the one who is in charge of building all the apartment complexes around the town. and like what if i rented one of the apartments? you could stay there whenever you needed. they all have two bedrooms. you can have your own."

she was surprised. she could live with nate. her best friend. she could be away from her sister. she wouldn't see her mom as much which sucked but she didn't see her a lot anyways.

she didn't say anything. she was just thinking.

"so? what do you think?"
he asked her,eager for her response.
"um yeah"
she said.
"are you sure? i mean you don't have to live there or anything just know you always have a place to stay if you don't want to be home or if you want to come see me. i don't know,you don't have to maybe it's a stupid idea-
she cut him off
"no no no,it's not stupid. it's thoughtful. and you know what? i think it is a good idea. you should do it"
she said.
"really?"
he asked.
"yeah why not? i'd love to be able to live with you. or part time anyways. i don't know,i just would love to spend more time with you without being in a truck. don't get me wrong,i love driving around with you,but being able to get away from my sister during the hours of the night when she's getting railed sounds like a dream"
he laughed.
"okay kid,sounds like a plan"
she smiled at him.
"you gonna tell maddy about that? or what."
she asked him with a laugh.
"nah,well i will but not for a while. probably not until like i actually go"

bailey nodded her head.
—————————
where was nate even getting all this money?
he's talking about getting an apartment and he just rented an expensive ass hotel for him and bailey for 7 days. like where is this even coming from?

nate doesn't have a job. his parents put quite an amount of money on his card for him every week but like not enough for him to
pay rent at an apartment complex and a hotel.

last week he finally told his father what he found at 9 years old. his father's porn collection of him fucking teenagers and young adults. nate found that when he was 9 and didn't say a word to anyone. but the other day his dad found out that he knew.

the two of them started fighting and nate threatened to call the cops on his dad for that "secret" part of his life. his dad said he'd do anything nate wanted. all nate said he wanted was for his dad to pay rent for nate to live in an apartment and to give him money for a hotel for 7 days. his father agreed.

nate didn't plan on going overboard when he blackmailed his dad cause if he did he knew it was gonna bite him in the ass.

his dad agreed and gave him what he wanted.

———————————————
bailey swam over to nate and he picked her up and put her on his lap
she hugged him
her arms were around his neck and his were around her back

"you know how much i love you bailey"
she smiled
"i love you more"
she smiled.
they heard the doors that lead into the pool room open
she turned her neck and so did he
it was just a group of 13 year old girls
who were all staring at bailey and nate.

he looked at bailey and she laughed
he kissed her cheek and she grabbed his hand and got out of the pool and they left the pool room and walked back to their hotel room.

when they got to the door nate opened it and walked in after bailey

she immediately went in the bathroom and changed out of her bikini and got in the shower.

when she finished showering she walked out into the bedroom part

"yo bailey let's go for a walk"
she nodded her head.

she quickly threw some clothes on and brushed her hair hoping to look some what decent.

she always looked good. she just didn't see that. even though maddy has made it her life goal to make bailey be as confident as possible because she deserves to know how amazing she is.

she kept her hair down
threw on a spaghetti string cropped tang top and grey sweatpants that fit her perfectly.

she finished and walked up to nate who was standing at the door waiting for her

she grabbed his hand
"ready"
she nodded.
—————————
he always held her hand when they went places. and if he caught other boys looking at her he'd always give them the death stare. he wanted people to know that HE was the only boy bailey loved and cared about. and he didn't want that to change. when nate,maddy,and bailey were out he always held both of their hands. it looked weird to some. but nate didn't care. those were his girls. the only people he loved.

and maddy never got mad about how close bailey and nate were. she was happy bailey had someone in her life like nate. cause she deserves someone who cares the way he does. and maddy was happy nate had someone like bailey that could help him in the ways he needed it.
—————————

they walked down the halls of the hotel
then they got to the exit and walked out.

they got to his truck
he unlocked it
and she climbed in

"i thought we were going on a walk?"
she said confused.
"yeah,i'm gonna drive to the beach and we can walk there. i know you like to walk on the beach at night."
she smiled.