chapter 21

as they were on their way home he stopped at Fez's little convenience store. aka the place he deals drugs out of to teenagers.

he got out of his truck
"you want anything"
"can you get me a mango la croix"
she said.
he nodded his head "that all?"
she nodded.

he went in the store
fez looked at her and she immediately looked down.

despite being a drug dealer for teenagers,he was a good person. had a good heart but made money in all the wrong ways. but bailey was not the person to judge. she always saw people for the good they had. never the bad.

Fez has hooked her up with alcohol in the past.
he was always nice to her everytime they came in contact. but the one thing he always said was that she needed to stay away from nate because he was going to hurt her.

he wasn't saying it because he wanted bailey and was secretly jealous that nate was always  with her. it was just Fez knew nate was aggressive. everyone knows how nate treats maddy. and bailey is too sweet and if anyone in the world deserved Nate's abuse it was not bailey.

nate and fez made small talk while he rang everything up.

"that'll be $5.75 playa"
he said to nate.
nate gave him the money,got his things,and left.

as soon as he got back in the truck and drove away,Fez texted bailey.

she saw the notification and read it and quickly  turned her phone off

she saw the notification and read it and quickly turned her phone off

"who was that"
nate asked.
"um my mom"
she said.
"you're not gonna answer her?"
he said laughing
"i will later"
bailey said.
she quickly put her phone under her thigh.

when they got back to the apartment she put her cheer shoes in her cheer bag.
grabbed her cheer bag and her phone.
nate got her backpack for her.

they walked in the building
when they got to the door of their apartment,he unlocked it,and they walked inside.
she put her cheer bag down on her bed and he walked in to hand her,her backpack.
she said thankyou and then told him she was going to take a shower.

when she was showering she couldn't help but think about what happened today.

-he pulled her arm with a tight grip more than once
-wouldn't let her talk to her friends
-pushed her against a wall two different times
-choked her
-yelled at her
-kissed her
-told her he loved her
-bit his lip at her twice

and is now acting as if nothing happened.

but why did he choke her? and why was he being so controlling all of the sudden?

a few tears rolled down her cheek when she looked down and saw bruises on her wrist.

she quickly wiped them and continued her shower.

shaved every inch of her body. washed her hair. washed her body. and made sure she smelled really good. she didn't really have to try that hard though. she always smelled good.

when she finished,she turned off the water and got out.
she put lotion all over her body and stared at herself in the mirror as she brushed her long hair out.

she wrapped a towel around her body and opened the bathroom door and walked into her room.
when she got in her room she threw on one of nate's sweatshirts and a pair of her shorts.

she went into the living room where he was sitting.
when she walked in he smiled and she sat with him.
nate being nate,kissed her and led her into her room.

as they were taking eachothers clothes off,she was hesitant to let him take off the sweatshirt on her.
when he did he saw her wrists.
purple and dark blue bruises all over.
he paused
"who did that to you"
she didn't say anything
then he finally came to the realization that he did it.
"did i do that to you?"
she looked up and nodded.
he stopped
"bailey i'm sorry i got so mad at you and i didn't realize i squeezed that hard-
"nate i bruise easily,my body is just sensitive. it's okay"
she reassured him.
he still felt bad.
"let me make it up to you"
before she realized what he meant she felt him push himself into her.
she threw her head back