chapter 23

the car ride to school was silent.it wasn't really an awkward silence it was just a dead silence between two people who were in their own thoughts at the moment. he had his hand on her thigh and her head was tilted away from him.

when they pulled into the parking lot nate drove to his normal parking spot and put the truck in park."i love you" he said as she looked into the little mirror on the sun protecter visor thing on the passengers side. "i love you" she said. she ran her fingers through her hair. he put his hand behind her head. "you sure"
he questioned her. "of course" she said with her cute little smile that fooled him. he nodded his head and kissed her forehead.

she grabbed her backpack off the floor of the truck and opened the door. she stepped out of the truck. they locked hands as they met in the front of his truck and walked towards the front of the school. as they made their way to the doors where people were around bailey threw her fake smile on and smiled her way through the front parking lot. they got to the door and nate opened it for her. she walked in and he followed.

as they walked through the halls nate gave everyone a dirty look. normally he didn't really make eye contact with anyone unless he saw them look at bailey in a way he didn't like,then he would probably give them a glare. but right now,he's walking through that halls death staring at people. bailey smiled at everyone.

it was very clearly visible to everyone how tightly he was holding onto her hand. she spotted maddy and BB. she didn't see Kat or Cassie but just figured they weren't here yet or were just caught up doing something else.

maddy and BB walked up to nate and bailey. "hey guys" bailey said with a big smile. not a fake on this time either. she was just really excited to see her friends. nate squeezed her wrist a bit. she didn't even really notice. "bitch where have you been" maddy questioned her. "yeah you've been acting mad weird" BB added on.

bailey had no explanation. what was she going to say? "oh sorry,i've been living with your bodyfriend and fucking him too" ? she had no excuse or anything.

"we drove by your house yesterday to see you and you weren't even there" maddy said. bailey went to say something but nate cut her off "what maddy,you keeping tabs on her now?"
he said. just what he said to Kat yesterday. maddy rolled her eyes at nate. "fuck you" she said. he pulled bailey away from the two girls.

bailey stumbled a bit and then continued her walk with nate. she wasn't gonna fight or ask what was wrong. she just figured it was better to let him do what he had to do.

"what is going on with those two" BB asked maddy. maddy shrugged. "she looks scared of him,she ain't neva been scared of him" BB continued. maddy looked across the hall where bailey was standing against the lockers and nate was standing over her. with his hand on the locker above her head. her head turned looking down the hall where she saw maddy watching her. she smiled at maddy and nate quickly cleared his throat for bailey's attention. maddy put her pinky and thumb up and put it next to her ear. indicating a phone call. she mouthed "call me" to bailey. bailey nodded her head. and then turned back to nate.

she looked at him and he whispered in her ear.
"you know what i'll do to you later" he said with a laugh looking down at her boobs. she laughed a little. they heard the bell ring and he walked her to her first period class. she stood outside the door and he stood over her. "have a good day,see you later?" he said to her. she nodded. he smirked. "have a good day" she said with a cute little smile. he nodded and kissed her forehead. he walked away. she took a deep breath and opened the classroom door.

"hello young lady" the teacher said to her. she smiled and said "good morning" and took her seat. right in between roy and troy.  she loves sitting with them. they always make her laugh. and made her forget about her issues in the moment. sometimes they said pervy things to her but she usually just laughs it off as a nice way or rejectment.

you know when you see someone who is normally happy and a really nice person? but you can tell something is off with them? that is the definition of bailey right now. everyone could tell she seemed upset. no one thought it was because of nate though. that's because he was usually always nice to her and never made her upset. until now. but they both decided it had to be a secret that they were "friends with benefits". but ever since that started he's been aggressive with her and she hates it. but can't say anything. she can't even tell her own best friend. god all she wanted to do was have a sleepover with maddy and tell her everything. she just wanted to hug maddy. she wanted maddy's comfort right now.

then she texted maddy

(texts above that second conversation were from when she went to the hotel)

bailey smiled. excited she finally could hang out with maddy. but then she realized she was gonna have to tell nate.

why is this happening to me
she thought to herself
she heard the bell ring and went to her next class.