chapter 31

"miss.richards would you like to explain the bruising on your neck?"
the principal asked.
she nodded her head
"there is no bruising on my neck"
she snapped.

normally she was really nice to everyone. especially adults. but she was not giving nate up. especially for something she did. like okay maybe she wasn't the one who made those bruises but she made nate so angry to the point where he did this. he was not going down for this.

"bailey the paramedics saw it"
"maybe there's a misunderstanding"
she said.
"and what would that be?"
"i don't know"
"bailey you are 15,if i suspect you're being abused i have to report it"
fuck fuck fuck
"i'm not being abused"
"did nate jacobs do this to you?"
"nate would never hurt me"
she said very quickly.
"well who did"
bailey didn't say anything.

the principal nodded his head and brought her into a separate room to sit by herself while he talked to other students who might've seen or known what happened.

first maddy
"miss.perez, do you have any idea who could potentially be responsible for the bruising around bailey richards neck?"

maddy was pissed at nate. but she didn't want him to get in trouble and even if she did,she knew bailey didn't want him to be. so she kept her mouth shut about nate.
"um no i don't"
she said.
"well i'm very aware of the fact that you and miss.richards are extremely close. did she tell you anything?"
"no"
maddy said.
he sighed knowing maddy wasn't saying what she knew.
"look i'm trying to be respectful but like this doesn't concern you. bailey is fine"
"it does concern me madeline."
she looked down
"am i done here?"
he sighed and nodded.
she got up and walked out.

then they called nate down.
"mr jacobs are you aware that bailey richards has some intense bruising on her neck?"
"what?"
he asked trying to seem surprised.
"who did it" he asked
he raised his voice
"we don't know,that's what we're trying to find out"
nate nodded.
"did you do this to her nate"
nate looked up and raised his eyebrows
"you really think i'd ever lay a hand on her"
he said with a loud voice and an attitude.
yes nate. yes you would. and you have.
"i'm not jumping to any conclusions yet nate"
"i would never touch that girl in a harmful way. ask anyone,they'd tell you the same thing."
the principal nodded.
"you have a good day"
he said and got up walking out.

they called kat in as well.
she didn't really say much. just said that nate and bailey have been acting really weird but she didn't think nate would choke her.

the also called reya (bailey's sister) in
"look,i hate nate but he would never hurt my sister. those two are oddly close like that shit be weird as hell. but he definitely didn't do this to her"

and after interviewing 23 students that were close with bailey and nate,the principal decided that nate wasn't someone they were thinking did this.

yeah he's been aggressive with maddy in the past but everyone is denying it and even reya who hates nate said it wasn't him.

the only issue was they still didn't know who did it.

but as soon as nate walked out of the office he already had a plan.

this bruised neck of bailey's,was now tyler's fault.

they tried to get bailey to tell them who did it when they interviewed her for the second time.
but she said that she was high and didn't remember. which they ended up believing.
and they asked why she didn't say that the first time.
but her excuse was she didn't want to get in trouble for being high. but after they reassured her she wasn't the one in trouble and she was the one with the bruised neck, she said she was high.

they made her go to the police station so they could take pictures of her neck.
it was traumatizing for her. but luckily nate wasn't the one they thought did it.

they had bailey's mom come down the the police station.
her mom absolutely adored nate. she loved the fact that he takes care of bailey the way he does.
her mom asked her who did it but just like she told everyone,she didn't remember.

after 3 hours of being interviewed by the police ,they let her go.
her mom drove her back to their house but she immediately had to go back to work.
which sucked because bailey needed someone's comfort. and she wasn't going to go to reya. and she had no idea where nate was.
—————
you wanna know where nate was?
he was at tyler's apartment threatening him. he was gonna make tyler turn himself in for assaulting bailey.
his story was going to be that at the carnival he hit on bailey. after she rejected him he got really angry. and choked her causing those bruises.
——————
she was in her room for like a half hour. sobbing her eyes out. she just wanted nate to be with her. even though he caused all of this. she needed his comfort. so badly.

she heard a knock at the door.
she answered it.