Lockdown Part 1

The elevator doors dinged, and then opened, and Amy walked out carrying flowers. "Morning" she said cheerfully.

"Who are those for?" you asked curiously.

"Captain Holt's uncle passed away. They weren't close, but I wanted to do something" said Amy.

"Interesting. Flowers are a bold choice, Santiago, but I can still beat you" Jake said.

"Beat me at expressing condolences?" Amy said, confused.

"Yup, it's on. Flowers are a gift, and Captain Holt hates gifts. I think a thoughtful email is the way to go here. 'Dear Captain, we were all so sorry for your loss.' Group sentiment, very meaningful. 'Please let us know if there's anything we can do.' Selfless act" said Jake, and sent the email.

"Very respectful" said Charles.

"Correct, I am the king of respectfulness, bitches!" Jake said.

"Hey, did you send that from your personal or work account?" asked Amy.

"Personal. It's a personal matter involving a personal friend and his personal uncle" said Jake.

"So, you remembered to turn off your signature, right?" Amy asked.

"Oh, no" Jake said, and ran into Captain Holt's office. He knocked on the door. "Hey, Captain, I just sent you an email, uh -"

"'Dear Captain, we were all so sorry for your loss. Please let us know if there's anything we can do. Sent from my stinky butt'" Holt said, and you laughed quietly.

"I was hacked?" suggested Jake.

"Thank you for the email. It means a lot to me" said Holt.

Jake sighed. "You're very welcome."

"I was addressing your stinky butt" said Holt.

"Okay, guys. Captain and I are going to a charity event in Brighton Beach. Have a great Thanksgiving" said Terry, and Charles cleared his throat. "Sorry, Boyle. Turkey Day."

"Once Sergeant Jeffords and I are gone, Peralta will be the officer in command" said Holt.

"Jake in charge. No-look five" Jake said, and held out his hand to high-five Holt, instead touching his ear. "That's not your hand. Wait. Is that a healed-over earring hole? Do you have a scandalous past?"

"I was stabbed in the line of duty. The scar extends through the lobe into the neck" Holt said.

"No one likes it when you do that" you said.

"Anyway, thank you for taking command of the precinct over the holiday" said Holt.

"Not a problem. As you all know, I hate Thanksgiving. The Pilgrims were murderers, and turkey tastes like napkins. I just hope that no Amys feel bad that I was chosen over Amy" Jake said.