Windbreaker City Part 4

Jake leaped over a barrier as some guys from Homeland shot at him. You and Charles shot down some guards, and then ducked back behind a barrier. One girl from Homeland shot at Terry, but was shot down by you. Charles ran out from behind a car, only to get by someone from Marshal. 

"They got me" said Charles.

"I'm dead too" Terry said.

"Same" you said, looking at the green paint on your vest.

Another guy from Homeland tried to shoot Jake, but Jake shot him first.

"Kendrick? Come out!" shouted Jake. "It's just you and me!"

"Okay, okay. I'm outta ammo. Be cool" said Kendrick, walking out with his hands up.

"Well, well, well. Hello, agent" Jake said.

"You don't actually have to shoot me. We can just say that you won" Kendrick said.

"But I want to shoot you" said Jake as you, Charles and Terry went behind a car.

"No way this is brick oven. They were playing us, Jake. Right, you're having a moment" said Charles, lifting open the pizza box.

"So, any last words?" asked Jake.

"Just don't shoot me in the face. I got a date tonight. I don't want it to puff up. I'm already ten pounds heavier than the picture she saw" Kendrick said.

"Okay" said Jake. He lowered his gun. "Just to clarify, those are your last words? Because I'm about to shoot you."

Kendrick quickly pulled out his gun and shot Jake.

"Ow! What? No!" asked Jake.

Kendrick laughed. "Gun taped to the back. All these Die Hard references gave me the idea."

"I got John McClane-d. That is so much worse than any paint ball" Jake said.

--------------------

"Interesting tactic, detectives. Show up at your first inter-agency drill and mess the whole thing up" said Kendrick, standing in front of the squad.

"Less of a tactic and more of a series of incredible events" Jake said.

"And what was the most incredible event - when I shot you in front of all your friends?" Kendrick asked.

"I have other friends" said Jake.

"Who?" asked Charles.

"I knew it was a dumb idea to invite the NYPD to a federal drill" Kendrick said.

"Seriously, man? You took all our guns, taped us to a bunch of chairs, called us fat, and we still took almost all of you out. Next year, we're winning this thing" said Terry.

"Oh, you're not coming next year. But maybe I'll see you at the Pentagon Christmas party" Kendrick said. "Oh, right. You guys aren't invited to those. Kid Rock was there. Those are my last words, bro."

Kendrick walked off.

"Man, he is really just a bad dude" said Jake.

"Jake, I'm sorry you didn't get your win" Charles said.

"Are you kidding? This was a total win. I haven't checked my phone in forever. Now that I've said that, I do kinda want to check it though. I'm gonna just do it. No text. But, I'm probably twenty percent less devastated than I would have been this morning. And that's thanks to you guys." Jake gasped. "I catharted."

"You catharted hard" said Terry.