The Cat Meets the Wolf

I wake up absolutely horny. I hate that word for it simply explains my feelings too well. I wish I could be more complex so that there was one word that sums up my body. I want a boyfriend. Plain and simple. But most importantly I want sexual intercourse. I want my soul mate to ravish me. This is my dream and I could almost feel that it will come true very soon.

With out a second thought I jump out of bed and rush to get ready. I work at an office. A job I never saw myself getting into but it certainly was a surprise to find out I liked it. I edit novels and short stories. A simple task that sometimes I have to take home to finish. The real reason I like it so much is because I started editing erotica.
You know the books you find the back of the book store? The ones with half naked men in tights on the cover. The ones with titles like, "Heat of Love," and "The Stallion's Stirrings." I love them. Sure they are written for old ladies and yes, they are written so any num skull can read them. However they are full of tales of love and most importantly. Sex.

I love sex, I love everything about it. I love foreplay. I enjoy kinky things too. Although I have yet to experience all these things I write my own stories that are stuffed with sex.

I can feel it today is different. I have a meeting with an author with the final draft of her novel which I will then review, work out the kinks, add adjectives, fix punctuation, and most importantly approve for making copies to sell.

Once I got to my office I collapse into the puffy chair. I spin so I can see the amazing view I have from the 30th floor over the beautiful Windy City. I just start to relax and drink my vanilla latte when my secretary warns me about an author arriving. A knock sounds through my office.

"Come in," I welcome cheerfully still gazing through the huge windows. I hear her close the door and take a seat. I turn around expecting to see a woman but I am welcomed by a man.

A very handsome man. "Well, hello mister...?"

"Jason Swan." His smile turns into a smirk at my surprise. "What's wrong, do you not like what you see?" He asks smugly.

I shake my head. "Of course not! I just was expecting a female is all. You do know I edit erotica, correct?"

"Yes, it's perfect because I wrote erotica," he smirks. I only nod, busing myself with my messy desk.

"Do you have your final copy?" I ask meeting his brown eyes.

"In fact I do, ma'am." He says, taking a large stack of papers from an envelope and handing it to me.

I smile gratuitously. "Call me, Gwen please Mr. Swan."

"Only if you call me Jason, deal?" He winks.

I laugh, " Deal, Jason."

After that we set off to work.

With much surprise conversation with him is easy and natural. Plus his writing  by far the best I have ever had the pleasure of editing. The plot is simple enough and the characters are appealing. The whole feel of it is different, perhaps it is because it was written by a man not a female.

As I voice my opinion to him he smirks wickedly and slyly says, "That, my dear, is simply because males enjoy sex so much more than woman."
Just as I begin to blurt out a come back, he interrupts. "Tis not sexist, sweetheart only science. We just crave it more. It is how our mind works."

Once he stands to leave my office he slid his business card onto my desk. Winking he says, "Incase you have questions about the book."

I glance up from his book blankly, "I don't need that I have your office phone on file so there is no need for a private phone number."

He smile innocently back at me. "I disagree, in fact I believe that you should call me anytime for updates and for questions. Please, don't hesitate. My life is writing, I really don't to anything else." He chuckles to himself. "Well, I actually do do a few other things." He snorted.

I stare at him. He could not be serious. A sex joke in my office. How fucking ironic. Although I understand what he means I still play dumb, just for the heck of it.

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean?" I push my thick reading glasses farther onto my face.

I watch as his face drops into a curious firm face.

After a long silence I dismiss him by turning back to his novel. Once he is fully out of my office I breathe a sigh of relief. I felt so hot and flustered. That man must not know what he does to woman. One look is all it takes. Just one. Plus his writing is so sensual it made it hard to keep a blush from my pale cheeks.

At seven o'clock sharp I packed up my assignment for that night and locked up the office. I was normally the last person to leave the building seeing that most of the forty floors are used for day jobs. The whole day even after Jason left I could still smell his scent throughout the office. It was sickening.