The Cat Forgets

Upon leaving the cafe, Jason insists on escorting me to my car. Rolls eyes. So he stands leaning slightly to talk to me through my open window. I find that we lapse into a calm silence after a good laugh. He is very funny. But most of all he is smart.

That is the main reason I never dated boys. They are act so dumb. Pure idiots, I tell you. But Jason. No, Jason is not a boy nor an idiot. He makes my mind turn and my heart clench, among other things.

"Jason," I warn looking closely at my watch. "I really have to go now."

His face turns into one of sadness. It almost made me want to not go to work. Keyword almost.

He opens his mouth to say something to make me stay but closes it abruptly when he realizes I mean business. A tender hand runs down his face, which by the way looks lost of the glow it posses seconds ago. An upset sigh came from him.

"Alright, I will see you at our date at 7:00," he says walking away from the car. Date? No, I don't remember agreeing to this.

"Wait, Jason!" I call out. "What date." My face is hot. I can feel it warming. I've never been on a date. What am I to wear?

"Oh, Gwen." He smiles. It is breath taking white and smooth. "I knew, I forgot something. A date, yes. We are going on a date." He tilts his head to the left a little like a small dog. "That is, unless you do not want to, of course."

My heart would've blown to pieces in my chest if I said no. It feels weird. Its beating so very fast. But why? A date is not that scary. Yet it is a change. I do not really like change. Slowly I nod my head. As soon as he sees my agreement he seemed keen on dancing happily. He doesn't but the face of pure pleasure and happiness upon his oh so pleasant features make my head spin.

After a long day of work which was about four hours of solely working on Jason's mammoth size book, I feel very wound up. My hands are burning and my head feels as heavy as a brick. I call it a day at 5 o'clock. Earlier than normal, but hey who cares. I'm my own boss therefore I can do whatever I want!

High on my own righteousness I waltz to my car and drive hastily home for a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream and a warm bath. The next time I look at the time is after my two hour nap while soaking in the tub. If my mother is around she would give me a look of pure disappointment preaching that I could've drowned. Looking at the time which seems to not be on my side today, I dry off slowly. My mind is at ease and my muscles feel relaxed like pudding.

I'm in no rush when I walk to my room dressed only in a small towel. The end reaches my upper thigh barely covering my big behind. The towel is very small indeed so to close it all the way I must squish the hell out of my breasts. Which is much harder to do than expected with a size DD bust. My breasts look like an offering to the gods. If I could tell my favorite part of my body it would be them. They are so pretty and they happen to look good in anything. Even bare they appear magnificent.

I am brought back from my lusty day dream when the door bell sounds. I sprint the rest of the way to my room and cover my self with a silk Japanese bathrobe, my friend had brought back from her travels. It is covered in swirls of tulips and other heavenly beautiful flowers with a background cream color. I grab my brush to tame my curls before answering to door. It rings again and again. I stomp down the steps dramatically. This person comes to my house to slam continuously on my bell? I think not. I open the door wild and ready to tell the perpetrator of their wrong doings when a growl rips through their chest. Looking at the face I realize I had forgotten something very important.

My forehead connects with my palm. I am such an idiot. I have forgotten something. Something very important.

He smiles lustfully at me, "Hello kitten, are you read-"

"I forgot!" I shout, too guilty to play it cool.

"You forgot your clothing again?" He makes a tsking sound. "My dear what are we to do with you?" He steps closer pushing me back so he can close my red door. My back connects with the wall while he slides his arms around my waist. I am about to ask what he is doing when he stuffs his face into the damp hair resting on my neck. With each inhale he takes I quiver. It is so strangely intimate to have him smell me. He inhales my scent for a good five minutes befitting stealing back without taking his hands off. "Gwen, you should get some clothes on before I do something you've read in the books you edit."

"Like your book?" He gulps looking strangely uncomfortable.

"Please, kitten go. I'm having a hard time here." I leave before he can say another word. I believe him. He didn't say those things to hurt my feelings more like protect my innocence he could obviously detect. I am one awkward virgin.