The Cat Panics

I am not panicking. I am the opposite of someone panicking. I am calm and cool and collected.

"Honey, Gwen?" Jason's mother's honey sweet voice calls for me. I don't reply instead I push my face further into the pillow hoping that I could somehow suffocate. "Gwen honey I know everyone takes the news differently but sweetheart, you're making Jason really worried over here."

Fuck Jason. He's a god damn werewolf. He could have like preped me on this or something. He could have dropped some hints. Asked me if I like Teen Wolf or Twilight or something.
"Werewolves, right? What do you think about them?" Some shit like that instead of just springing it on me like a god damn surprise party. Freaking asshole.

I only move my head from buried in the pillow after I hear retreating footsteps. I quickly sit up and look around making a plan. I am gonna give Jason a fair chance even though he is a mythical large dog. I'll let him plead his case or whatever before I book it.
Maybe...
Maybe I'll stay and have a litter of his pups and scare little girls wearing red hoods with him. I don't know how it would turn out. I never really plan that far ahead.

Somehow after sensing my movements Jason re-enters the room like he owns the place. Sure, it is his bedroom and yes, I am lounging on his bed, he still walked in very annoyingly, okay. Despite the fact that I am completely terrified and pissed off at him, I feel my breath catch when he lands his handsome brown eyes on me. Damn him and his good looks!

"Kitten," he pleads. I feel the bed fall as he sits to my right. I try not to look at him because I know if I do I'll forget everything that just happened and I'll fall in to his arms and kiss him. On second thought though that doesn't sound too bad...
No I must stay strong.

"Kitten, please don't ignore me," his begging is almost too much to bear. "Kitten I need you to accept me. Y-you're killing me. I don't know if you hate me or if you're scared of me or-"
I shut him up with a deep kiss. His hands immediately go to my waist and I feel all anger towards him slip away.

When he pulls away the look in his eyes is insecure and unsure. I pull away far enough to look at him straight on.

"Jason," I sigh. The look on his face becomes more deflated. His eyes start to gloss over. "I love you."

His face after my confession left my lips is the most beautiful expression I have ever seen. His lips stretched into a wide smile with his eyes a blaze with happiness. I want to attack him and have my way with him on his bed with his while family outside the door, because I just want him.

"Oh kitten," he starts and nuzzles my neck and face giving soft kisses here and there. "My kitten is the most amazing woman in the entire world."

His praise however obviously not true stil warms my heart forcing my smile I already sported to widen. I let him cuddle me and sniff and just hold me for a while, honestly I would have let him do it for the rest of our lives but there were questions that needed answers.

"Jason?" I say. "What am I to you?"

Jason's head snaps up from my neck and directs his gaze towards me turning his head slightly to the side.

"I mean, we've known eachother for nearly two weeks and already we have exchanged "I love you"s and kisses and nearly had. Sex," I explain hoping he'd catch on.

His face quickly deflates again and his gaze lowers with thought. "I uh I'm a werewolf," he starts.

"Yes... And?"

"And werewolves have mates," he sighs.

"Mates? Like friends or soul mates?" I ask.

"Soul mates but not the kind you think of. The mates where you pick to person you think is your soul mate and the relationship ends and everyone comes out more or less okay." He shakes his head. "For us our mates are chosen for us by the fates. They decide who gets who. Also unlike your human culture werewolves don't have divorice. They are in it for life or else..." He stops.