Chapter 4- as far away as possible

Mark's POV
I was playing on my play station when Arianna called and before she could even finish the word 'Help', I hurried to Matt's room because I surely needed his help through this.

"Matt, Arianna is in trouble. Get your things ready I'll bring her here. I'll be here in about 10 minutes" I shouted out as I got the car keys, my coat and a spare coat for Arianna.

I quickly drove to her house which was about 3 minutes drive from mine. As I was outside her house, I noticed that the door was not closed so I, as quietly as i can, sneaked in careful not to wake Lucy up. It's not that I care for her sleep but is that I know that if she wakes up she will cause unnecessary fuss.

When I entered the living room, I was stopped in my track by my dreadfully pale and bloody baby sister. I had no time to think of anything else before I quickly yet carefully picked her up and took her to my car. I noticed her shivering so I put the spare coat on her. I drove back and took her out of the car and walked in the house. I noticed that Matt was already ready with his medical stuff. He actually has all the supplies to take care of an injured person- in this case, Arianna.

I waited outside the 'medical room' of the house. Matt was in the room with Arianna. I love her like a little sister. Me and Matt both do.
Many people in the school think that me and Arianna are dating or are going to start dating. But even the thought disgusts me. Don't get me wrong, Arianna is beautiful and nice and everything that would make a boy lucky to have her as a girlfriend, but I think of her as my sister and I am not interested in incest.

Matt got out of the room and I asked him how Arianna was doing.

"She is stable but unconscious. I don't know how long it would take her to wake up. She broke some ribs and her ankle. The head injury is preventing her from waking up. I really want to take her to the hospital as she would get better care there with more staff and everything but I know Addie would hate that."

"Matt, as long as she is safe, I think its ok if she is here. And you are the best doctor there so I think it will ok. The questions she would receive if she go to the hospital would probably just cause unnecessary stress. Anyways, you said she is stable so, is it ok if I go in to see her?" I asked hopefully and Matt said that I can go in.

"Hey Arianna. How are you? Get better before I get frustrated and decide to go on a hunt for evil, bitch-y mothers called Lucy. So, if you don't want her to be dead or me going to the jail, than wake up. Okay?" I subconsciously rubbed her palm with my thumb. "Matt is going to your old house tomorrow to check if they still live there. After you recover, you are going to live with your father and Antonio. You can not continue living with that bitch. Until, you recover you are staying with me and Matt no matter what you say." After talking to her some more about random things, I went to the room next to the medical room so that I'll know if she wakes up and needs something.

One days later
I was sitting on the couch next to Arianna's bed when I heard her voice. I immediately called Matt and went up to Ari. She blinked open her eyes and I noticed that the light might be stinging her eyes. I quickly turned the lights off.

"What is it Mark? Is Addie okay?" Matt asked checking her heart monitor and blood pressure etc.

"Matt look at her" he finally looked at her and noticed that she is awake.

"Hey Addie, how are you feeling? Does anything hurt?" He asks giving her a glass of water to drink.

"I'm fine. My head hurts a little bit but it's not much" she replies after drinking the water and clearing her throat.

Matt helps her with her medicines and then tells her that she shouldn't worry about the medicines as me and him are going to be there to help her with it.

Now that she is finally awake all we have to worry about is getting her as far from her so called mother as possible.