Chapter 19- another surprise

I looked towards the door to see Mark standing there with tears in his eyes.

"That was beautiful Ari. I mean that is why you are Arianna Grande. And you had an amazing teacher." He smiled

"Matty is the one who taught me Mark so you just called him amazing." I smiled back

"Nu-uh. To learn you need to practice. And you always practiced with me. So technically, I taught you" I just nodded my head in sarcastic agreement.

"Anyways, what are you doing here? I mean even if you started driving as soon as i called you, its still not enough time to get here"

"Well. I forgot to tell you this before but I'm Flash and I have super speed which allowed me get here quickly" I just looked at him with a 'really?' expression. "Okay okay. I was kind of already here, preparing a surprise for you which by the way you are going to be getting soon. And let me tell you this, You are going to love it. Before that, on a way more serious note, tell me what's really going on"

"What do you mean? I told you reason for the panic attack" I placed a confused mask over my face which I knew that Mark could completely see through.

"Anna. Do you not trust me?" he asked seriously

"Of course I do. And can you please not call me that. It feels weird when you do" I mumbled

"If you trust me then tell me what's going on. I know that your attack wasn't caused by just anyone. Did Tony say something again? And I'm not going anywhere until you explain everything to me." I just took a deep breath and did exactly what he told me to do. I told him everything. From the day I came back to this day. Everything that Tony has said or done.

"That motherfucker. How dare that son of a bitch say that about you? And you were almost raped and you decided not tell me" I could see the anger laced with hurt on his face. It pained me to think that I caused the hurt.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want you to worry. And I didn't tell you about Tony because he is still my brother and I don't want you to hate him. I know you two can become good friends. Well the old him and you. I am so sorry for hiding all those things from you. Please forgive me" I had my head hung down low as I heard him take a deep breath. He slowly lifted my chin up and kissed my forehead and then hugged me tightly.

"Its okay Ari. I understand why you did that. I'm sorry for exploding on you. I just don't like it when you hide things from me. I want to be someone who you can open up to." He said as he hugged me even tighter if possible

"Mark I already trust you. You and Matt are only ones I can totally open up to- I can totally be myself with. I don't want you to feel like I don't trust you. I love you so much. I just don't think I deserve you and Matt. Tony has made it so clear that he doesn't love me. And I have already caused nothing but trouble in your life. I don't want that."

"Tony is a dumb piece of shit for doing that to you. And you are right you don't deserve me or Matt" I looked at him with disbelief. I mean I already knew that but he didn't have to shove it in my face. He just chuckled at my expression before continuing. "Listen to me. You deserve so much better. A lot more than what I and Matt can give you. So stop doubting yourself will you. I love you. Matt loves you. Your dad loves you. And what's his name- Caleb- yeah he loves you. And do I have to get in the overprotective brother mode because from everything you told me I think he likes you? Anyways, see? You have so many people that love you."

"I love you too and no you don't. We are just friends" he once again kissed my forehead before pulling away

"Okay enough of me being Mr wise guy and it is time for you to get your surprise. Lets go." And Mark was back to his cheerful self.

***

"Can I please take it off now?" I asked for hundredth time. Mark asked me to put the blindfold on when we entered his car. Right now I was standing somewhere that I don't know of.

"Calm down women. Wait." I huffed and heard him laugh before he took the blindfold off himself.

"Welcome world. I can see you again. Beautiful colors. Where are we? Please don't tell me that you..." I gasped in surprise as I looked around the beautiful modern apartment. It had a white and light gold colored theme.

"You guessed it right. Matt bought a new apartment. Which means...." he left the sentence for me to continue

"...You and Matt are moving to Arizona." I squealed "But you said Matt didn't get the job and that you can't move"

"Well you know his obsession with surprises" I heard Matt say from behind me "I thought I heard you coming in. What do you think?" He smiled. I just ran up to him and hugged him as he laughed.

"I love it. I love you. I missed you." He again just laughed and kissed for head

"I missed you and love you too. I'm glad you like the apartment. And here are your keys. You'll need them." He handed me the spare keys to the apartment.

"Why would I need it?" I asked confused.

"I mean unless you don't want the keys to your own home... This is also your home Addie you know that right?" I smiled and nodded my head.

"Thank you" I mumbled as I hugged him.

"New tell me about what happened this morning" that was not a question. So I told him everything and he listened silently. I could tell he was angry at Tony, Josh and Brittany but he handled it much better then Mark. He just hugged me protectively.

"I want to talk to Antonio." He said

"No. No way. Please Matt. I don't want you to do that. That would not be good" I shook my head and heard him sigh.

"Okay. I won't talk to him. But only if you do. You need to confront him if you want his behavior to change"

"O-Okay. I'll do it. Tomorrow"

"Hey I have another surprise for you." Mark told me. I saw a guitar in his hand "I wrote this for you" he smiled at me and I mirrored it with my own.

( this song is actually by Kodaline. Its called 'brothers'. I changed the lyrics a little bit to match my story)

When we were young, we were the ones
the kings and queens oh yeah, we ruled the world
We smoked cigarettes man no regrets
Wish I could relive every single word
We've taken different paths
And travelled different roads
I know we'll always end up on the same one when we're old
And when you're in the trenches
And you're under fire I will cover you
If I was dying on my knees
You would be the one to rescue me
And if you were drowned at sea
I'd give you my lungs so you could breathe
I've got you sister-er-er-er
Oh bestie, we'll go deeper than the ink
Beneath the skin of our tattoos
Though we don't share the same blood
You're my sister and I love you that's the truth
We're living different lives
Heaven only knows
If we'll make it back
With all our fingers and our toes
5 years, 20 years, come back
It will always be the same
If I was dying on my knees
You would be the one to rescue me
And if you were drowned at sea
I would give you my lungs so you could breathe
I've got you sister-er-er-er
And if we hit on troubled water
I'll be the one to keep you warm and safe
And we'll be carrying each other
Until we say goodbye on our dying day
Because I've got you sister-er-er-er
I've got you sister-er-er-er
If I was dying on my knees
You would be the one to rescue me
And if you were drowned at sea
I would give you my lungs so you could breathe
Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
I've got you sister-er-er-er

****