Chapter 21- all for me

Antonio Jones' POV: (surprise)

I don't understand. What is going on? I saw the confusion on her face as I told her the truth behind why I treat her like this. Why was she confused? It was the truth right? My head was swimming with questions as I put my emotionless mask back on.

I never wanted to spread the rumors about her but I didn't need her knowing that I still love her. Even after all she did to me. The way she abandoned me when I needed her the most. I thought that I hated her but as soon as I saw her all those weeks ago for the first time after years, I was frozen. It felt as if a heavy burden was lifted as she stood there with her arms wrapped around me. But as soon as she said 'Its me Nio. Ria' I pushed her. Not because I didn't love her. Not because I didn't care. But because I didn't need her breaking me and the walls I've spend years building again.

And I did everything I could to make her believe that I don't care about her when it was killing me to say those words and carry out those actions.

When I saw Josh trying to force himself on her with his hands under her shirt, all I could see was red. I was blinded by rage. I wanted to murder him but then she placed a hand on my shoulder calming me down. Seeing her tear stained face broke me once again. But I couldn't let her see that. So I did what I had to. I told Brittany that Josh and Ria slept together. And I hated myself for that.

Seeing her face void of any emotion made me hate myself even more. But she left me. She only thought about the money and left me. I'm sure she was happy with Lucy for all those years. I really do hate Lucy for doing this to me, and papa, and Ria.

My twin Ria.

I walked up to my room and took out the letter she gave me. I never had the courage to read it but I had a feeling that it was a now or never situation so I took a shuddering breath and opened the letter.

Hey Nio!

I love you so much. I miss you already. I'm sorry for not explaining everything in person but I think you deserve to know why I really left. I know. I know what you are thinking. That I don't need to explain myself. And I know you trust me. I know you trust the fact that I wouldn't abandon you if there wasn't a good reason. But you still need to know.
First of all you should know that when I was with mama, she took really good care of me. She was nothing like how she normally is. She didn't even drink alcohol too much.
Secondly, she told me something. Even papa doesn't know about it but I'm going to trust you to not tell him about it. Please Nio. She told me that when papa signed the property letters, she made him sign a paper that said that either you or me would have to live with mama and he couldn't say anything about it. He doesn't know that he signed those paper. She tricked him because she didn't wasn't to loose both of us. She said that she cant handle loosing both of her children.
I knew that you wanted to live with papa. I also knew that if I told you, you'd say that you want to live with mama which would be a complete lie so I decided to live with her. Don't worry about me. Please don't tell papa about this. Hopefully, I'll see you soon. I'll try my best to contact you but it might not be possible. Just know that I will come back. If not for anyone then for you and papa.
I love you
Please take care
Yours Ria

P.S- don't forget me or I'll make you regret it and you know it. Hugs.

That was it. I only had two phrases repeating in my head like a broken record player:

I know you trust me
You never trusted me
I know you trust me
You never trusted me

How could I do that to her? She is my Ria. My younger twin sister Ria. The one who was always there for me for 10 years. When she did leave it was because of me. It was for me. All for me. She was right. She deserves so much better then me. I was angry. Angry at myself for not trusting her. I punched the wall multiple times and saw that my hands were bleeding but I didn't care. I deserved it.

Then I remembered that she told me to tell Mark and Matt about her going with Lucy. I quickly called Matt and told him to come to the house and that its important. I told him to bring Mark with him.

After about 30 minutes I heard the door bell ring and went up to open it.

"Hello Antonio. Where is Addie?" I raised my eyebrow at him "Anna" he said

"Um about that. She went with Lucy" I could see the surprise and worry quickly cover his face.

"She what? Shit. Shit shit shit. Why would you let that happen?" Mark came in from behind Matt

"What do you mean? Lucy is her mother." I said confused by there response.

"That bitch is not her mother. She doesn't deserve to be called a mother." Mark yelled

"Antonio. Can you please tell me exactly what happened what happened after I dropped Anna off? She was going to talk to you. How did that lead to her going with Lucy?" I could tell Matt was trying to keep his anger under control.

I did exactly what he asked me to do. I told exactly what happened between past few hours. And they were both fuming. Matt was once again trying to calm himself down but Mark looked ready to kill. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous but I placed my mask again but this time not to pretend that I don't care but to hide my nervousness. Mark came up to me and punched me hard across my face. I was sure it was going to bruise later but I didn't say anything because I knew that I deserved it.

"Calm down Mark." Matt pulled Mark away " That is why Addie didn't tell us about him earlier. She didn't want you two fighting. She loves him even after everything Mark. So stop it." I was shocked by his words. How could she love me after everything I did? "We need to tell them everything. I know she said that we cant tell them but her safety is more important. Antonio can you call your dad please. I need to talk to both of you." I just nodded my head and went to dad's office.

"Dad. Mark and Matt are here. They need to talk to both of us. They said its something important. Something about Ria's safety." As soon as dad heard that, he got up from his desk and walked downstairs as I followed behind him.

"There is something Anna didn't tell you Mr. Jones. I need you to listen calmly" Matt said as me and dad sat down.

"What my idiot brother is trying to say is that she was abused by Lucy"

***