Chapter 9- Nio

One day later:

Adrianna's POV

As I finished my lunch, I heard the doorbell ring. Papa said that Nio was going to come back today so I knew that this was probably him. Before Paula went to open the door, I stopped her and opened the door myself. As soon as I saw Nio, I knew it was him. He was wearing a white shirt, black pants and leather jacket.

"Who are you?" he asked which made me sad for a moment before I realized that it has been 7 years since we saw each other. He probably doesn't recognize me.

I ignored the fact that he doesn't recognise me and hugged him close.

"Nio"I mumbled in into his chest. He froze with his hands glued to his sides as I said it. I once again thought that he just doesn't recognize me.

"Nio its me. Ria." And with those words he just pulled away and walked inside the house.
He just... walked away leaving me lost and confused with my thoughts making me think of every negative thought possible.

Maybe he still doesn't recognize me.

Maybe he forgot me.

Maybe he doesn't like the way I grew up.

Maybe he wanted a better twin.

Maybe he doesn't like me.

Maybe he doesn't love me anymore.

Maybe he hates me.

But why? I am a disappointment. He hates me because I'm so weak. He thinks of me as a disappointment. But- he is my brother. My twin. My other half. He is supposed to love me. Why did he ignore me?

I tried to think that he left probably only because he needed time to process that I'm really back.
He doesn't hate me. Right?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard shouting coming from papa's office. I walked towards the office to see what was going on.

"Why is she here now? She just came back out of nowhere and you are going to let her stay?" Nio shouted.

"Keep your tone in check Antonio. She is your sister." Papa said calmly

"I don't care if she is my sister. I don't want her here" he said making the tears I was holding fall.

"Too bad. She is my daughter and this is my house. I decide who lives here and who leaves. She is living here. That's the end of it" papa said anger clear in his voice. They still haven't noticed me standing there.

"Whatever" Nio said and stormed out of the office finally seeing me with tears. I must have imagined it but I think I saw his eyes soften for less than a second before they went back to being cold.

"Adrianna." Papa said softly while finally noticing me. He came up to me, wiped my tears which still kept falling and hugged me.

"Papa. Why does he hate me? I thought he'd be happy to see me. I love him so much but why does he hate me?" I whisper-cried

"He doesn't hate you. He is stupid Adrianna. He will come back as soon as he realizes that his sister is back. He loves you but he just doesn't like to show his emotions anymore. He loves you. I love you sweetheart. As soon as I tell him about the reason you left, he'll be sorry for his behavior."

"He already know papa. I wrote him a letter before leaving and told him to read it on his 12th birthday. I love you both so much papa."

"We both love you too sweetie"

After papa calmed me down, I walked up to my new room and decided to get changed and go to get a coffee. I walked to the nearest café. It was a cozy little café called 'coffee house'. I walked up to order my coffee and was greeted by a beautiful girl. She had dark eyes and long black hair. She had very little make up on showing her naturally beautiful face.

"Hi. I'm Alyssa. I haven't seen you here before. Are you new? And what would you like to have?"

"Hello Alyssa. I'm Anna. Yeah, I just moved here yesterday. Can I have an iced espresso please?" I asked politely.

"Coming right up" she said cheerfully and went to get the coffee.

She seemed really nice and friendly. I haven't really had many friends except Matt and Mark ever since I moved in with papa. Maybe I can make a friend here since I am going to live here for who knows how long.

"Here is your iced espresso" she gave me my drink.

"How long have you been working here" I asked after taking a sip from my espresso.

"Hmm. About 1 year I think. It's really fun working here. You meet new people everyday. Where did you move from?" She asked

"Utah. I just moved in with my father."

"Nice."

"I have to go now. I'll see you later I guess." I asked while standing up.

"Can we exchange numbers? We can text you know" she asked handing me her phone. We exchanged numbers before I walked back towards my new home.

I am so happy I can finally call the place I live in 'home'. I was still hurt because of Nio's actions but I'm sure he'll come around. He is my brother and we always come around for each other. Even if he is angry right now, I'll di everything I can to get my brother back. He is my older twin brother. I know he loves me just as much as I love him.

If only I knew that it wasn't going to be that easy....