Chapter 5- i'll miss you

Anna's POV

3 weeks later

It's been 3 weeks since I woke up. About a week ago, Matt went to my old house to see if Nio and papa still live there. Unfortunately, they don't. Matt said that he has a friend who can help us find out where they live now and that it won't take long before we do find it out. Apparently, Matt's friend is a police officer and has access to different files that would tell him when and where they moved to.

Until, I get to go live with papa, I'm staying with Matt and Mark as they won't let me go to Lucy's apartment. They think it's way too dangerous and that I should stay away from her after what happened last time I went there. I ended up with 3 broken ribs, an ankle and a head injury causing concussion.

"Addie. I have some bad news for you" Matt came in and said it in a worried tone which quiet scared me as I know Matt is always looking at the bright side of things. Something that worried him must be really... worrying.

"Is everything okay Matty?" I asked anxiously

"My friend came back today. The one who was going to help find your dad and Antonio. He" I cut him off before he could finish

"can he not find them?" I asked scared at the thought of never seeing them again more than having to go back to Lucy.

"Yeah. He found them" he answered

"Oh. He di- wait he did?" I shouted excitedly and asked to make sure I didn't hear wrong.

"Yeah he did"he said smiling

"So you... omg you nearly gave me heart attack Matty. That is not fair" I glared playfully as Mark entered the room.

"Wow Matt. She is so happy to get away from us. I thought she'll be a little sad about it." Mark shook his head with a fake sad expression on his face.

"I- I don't want to leave you guys. You have always been there for me. I'll miss you so much. Where do they live? Is it far from here?"
I asked sadly

"It is quiet far. They live in Arizona. About 10 hours drive. But, you don't have to worry. Me and Mark will come to visit at least twice every month. I am even going to try get a job in Arizona so I can make sure you are okay. And you will have Antonio. He'll make sure you don't miss us too much. Just don't forget about us."

"You know I can't forget about you. You are also brothers to me. If I didn't forget Nio after so much time when back then I had so many friends and papa and even Lucy was okay, then how do you think can I forget about you when you are here for me when everyone abandoned me. Even my own mother abandoned me but you never judged me because of it. I love you both so much"

"We love you too" both of them said at the same time. We stared at each other for a moment and then bursted out laughing.

"Addie you will be leaving on Friday. I will drop you there. All three of us are going." Matt told me after we sobered up a little.

"ROAD TRIP" Mark shouted making us laugh again.

"Well, we have 5 days to have fun and enjoy as today is Sunday" I said and both Mark and Matt nodded. "Lets go to amusement park tomorrow" after that we had horror movie marathon and got out things together. Matt got a week off work and decided to spend the week with me and Mark.

4 days later
We spent the days having fun. Tomorrow is Friday and I have already packed my things in a suitcase. I really want to meet Nio and papa again after so long but I don't want to leave Mark and Matt. I am also afraid of going because I've got lots of 'what ifs' going on through my mind. What if they don't want me to live with them anymore? What if I become a burden on them? What if they become abusive like Lucy did? What if h-

"Arianna?" Marks cuts me off from my train of what ifs.

"Hey Mark. You still up. It's already 2:00 am What are you doing here?" I asked

"Just woke up. However, I could ask you the same thing?"

"It's nothing. I can't sleep" I sat on the sofa and stared at my hands

"Worries about tomorrow?" Mark asked sitting next to me.

" Yeah. A little. I- I just- what if they don't love me anymore? What if" Mark once again cuts me off

"Hey. Do you really think they will just stop loving you? If yes then they don't deserve you. And don't worry, if what you said about them is true, then they still love you. I can guarantee  that. Do you trust me?" I nodded " then, believe me when I say that you are amazing. Anyone who doesn't see that is stupid. Now come on lets go to sleep"

I went up to his room and hugged him tight before sleeping next to him and thinking about my three amazing brothers...