Chapter 8- finally back

Adrianna's POV

I woke up by someone lightly shaking me by my shoulders.

"Wake up Addie. We are nearly there." I heard Matt's soft voice

"How long is it until we reach the house" I asked in a sleepy voice.

"About 10 minutes. We woke you up so that you can get a little fresh" Mark said

"Okay. Thanks"

About 10 minutes later I was standing outside the house and was on the verge of having a panic attack.

"Calm down Ari. I told you there is nothing to be nervous about. That is your dad and brother you are going to meet and they already love you."

I walked closer to the house and rung the bell. After I rung the bell twice, a sweet looking lady in her early 50s opened the door.

"How May I help you ma'am?" The lady asked

"I'm here to see Mr Jones. Can you please call him" I asked politely

"Come on in." She directed us towards the living room "Mr Jones will be here soon" with that she left me, Mark and Matt alone.

"Ari. I can feel your nervousness and it is making me nervous too, even though I have nothing to be nervous about."

"Addie you absolutely have nothing to be nervous about." Matt reassured me

"But what if they don't want me here" I mumbled quietly

"Then you can live with me and Mark. And why wouldn't they want you here? They love you"

"Because I left them with Lucy"

"Did you do it because you wanted to? No. You did it for Antonio's sake. If you didn't do that then he would be living with Lucy. You had to leave them for there own safety" as he finished what he was saying, we heard footsteps approaching the living room and Papa soon entered.

"Papa" I whispered but he heard me

"Adrianna?" He asked and I nodded. He soon engulfed me in a hug and kissed my forehead

"Sweetheart I looked for you everywhere. Why did you move from the city without telling me. I- never mind. You are here now and that is all that matters. I missed you so much baby"

"I missed you papa. I love you so much. I'm sorry for leaving you" I said quietly while some tears flowed through my eyes.

"It's ok dear. I am so happy to see you. And who are these two" papa pointed towards Matt and Mark.

"Papa this is Matt and this is Mark. They are both like brothers to me. They helped me through everything. I've known them since I was 11." Papa shook hands with both of them and introduced himself.

"You should go freshen up and then we'll talk okay?" Papa asked us

"I'm sorry Sir but we have to get going now. We will be visiting if that is ok with you?" Matt asked in a very formal tone that I rarely see him using.

"Yeah sure. You can visit whenever you like. You two are like brothers to my daughters and all my children's friends are welcome anytime." Papa smiled at Matt. They both hugged me goodbye.

"Paula. Can you please take Adrianna to the guest room? And get her room prepared before she moves in there." Papa called the lady from earlier

"Yes sir. Ma'am if you could please follow me" I kissed papa's cheek before following Paula.

After I got freshed up, I followed Paula to the dining room where papa were already waiting for me. I finished my food and then went to his office with him.

"Sit down Adrianna. Can you tell me what happened and where Lucy is?" Papa asked softly.

"I want to start with the real reason as to why i left. I'm sure that you already know that before L-mama left with me she took about 75% of your property by tricking you into signing the documents. Those document weren't only about the property. They also said that either me or Nio had to live with her. She threatened Nio's life saying that if I didn't go with her then she'll take Nio and... hurt him. I didn't want that so I left with her instead." I explained truthfully but I knew that I can't tell him what happened next.

"That bitch. Did she hurt you? Why didn't you tell me?" Papa asked me

"Sh-she didn't hurt me." I mentally cursed because of the stutter. "And I didn't tell you because she told me not to. If I told you then she would've taken Nio with her. After I went with her she stopped drinking. She was okay for the time I lived with her but she kept ignoring me and she actually never went back to being a mother. I came back because" I tried to think of an excuse "because she started going back to her drinking habits and I didn't want to continue living with her when she came back home drunk and angry. Matt asked me our old address and went to see if you still lived there. After we found out you didn't live there, Matt asked his friend to track your new address down. And here I am." I smiled and dad hugged me apologising for not being there while I told him that there is nothing to be sorry about as he didn't know.

"Where is Nio?" I asked

"He went out with his friends. He will be back tomorrow." I was excited to see him again. I believed he will be happy to see me.

If only I knew....