Chapter 15- the new game

Trouble just keep knocking at my door. First my mother threatened my brother and forced me to live with her. Then, I was abused by said mother. Finally, I was able to leave the abuse only to find out that I'm no longer needed by my brother. Next I found out that his girlfriend is cheating on him and he doesn't even care. And he is a player. Lastly, Queen B has found her new target- me.

It's been a week since I saw Brittany and Garry making out and ever since then Brittany has been making my life hell. Tony doesn't know about all the bullying but I'm sure he'll do nothing even if he did know. It hurts to think like that but that is the truth. You know what they say- 'truth hurts but it is the truth'.

Caleb asked me if he could give me a ride since he crashed at my home last night after coming to visit Tony last night. I didn't want to walk so I accepted the offer with a thankful smile. So currently I was sitting on the passenger seat of Caleb's car.

"Anna, are you okay? You look deep in thought" Caleb asked after a while of silence.

"Yeah, just thinking about the past week" I smiled at him receiving a charming one in return. 

"Can you play an instrument?" he asked. Not many people  know about me being able to play guitar. I considered lying to him but I know that I can trust him with a secret.

"Um- not many people know about this and can you not tell anyone but I can play a little bit of guitar." I looked shyly at my hands thinking that he is going to think I'm weird for hiding it.

"Really? That is amazing. And don't worry, I won't tell anyone. I like the way you have something you can keep to yourself. It's cute" I was blushing furiously and I'm sure Caleb would be able tell if he looked at me, which he probably did by his amused expression. I mean- what was I supposed to do. Caleb just called me cute. Ok. Maybe I was used to have a tiny little crush on him before I left. But, don't worry. I'm completely over it.

"What about you? Can you play any instrument?" I asked averting the conversation towards him and now he had a small shy smile on his face that I found adorable.

"Well I can play violin. Do you want to play something together sometimes?" he asked hesitantly

"That would be so fun. We can play so many songs. There are so many options. Ooh Do you like 'a thousand stars' by Christina Perri or we could play something else if you li-" I was cut off by a deep chuckle and that's when I realized that I've been babbling. "Sorry. I really start babbling when I'm excited like now." I said when all I wanted was to do was slap myself on the face for making such a fool but as I looked at the reassuring smile Caleb had I suddenly had my confidence back.

"Hey, It's okay. I'm also very excited. And I would love to sing and play 'a thousand stars' with you. You sing right?" He asked

"Yeah" I replied as we both got out the car and stepped into the school parking lot.

"I'll see you at lunch I guess?" Caleb asked.

"Yeah. Um- Can I- Can I not sit on your usual lunch table please. It's not that I don't want to sit with you, because believe me I do, but I don't think I fit in with the popular ones. Like all your other friends an" I rambled on before being cut off by Caleb again

"You can sit where ever you feel more comfortable. It's your choice. Don't worry about it ok?" I just nodded my head in reply before smiling. We both then walked to our classes.

*****

At lunch time, I walked towards the lunch hall and went to find Alyssa only to find her sitting very uncomfortably on the 'popular' table. As soon as Brittany saw me she faked a smile and signalled for me to go to her. I saw Tony staring intently at me. I ignored his stares and went to the table to get Aly and sitting somewhere else.

"Hey Anna. How are you?" Brittany said in a high pitched voice.

"As fine as I can be." I replied dimly.

"Why are you rude to me? Do you not like me? You shouted at me yesterday in the corridors. It's been a week since you have been treating me like shit. Have I done something to offend you?" she blurted out while I just at her as if asking what the hell is going on.

"What are you talking about Brittany? None of this ever happened" she just gasped at this

"Are you calling me a liar? How dare you? Look at her Tony she is such a bitch. Is that what your mommy taught you?" I visibly stiffened at her last statement and she smirked at me

"Don't talk about something that you have no idea of you hoe" I said in a low tone.

"Oops. I didn't know your mommy was dead. Now tell me how did she die? Did she die of drug overdose? Or was it one of her boy toys that killed her? Ooh let me guess you killed her didn't you?" I was fuming at this point and wanted to punch her in the face "ask her Tony. I mean we are friends right? We deserve to know" I looked towards Tony pleading with my eyes.

"You are right Brit. We do deserve to know. So Anna, why don't you tell us what really happened to your mama." I was begging him to stop this with my eyes and I knew that he could see it. But he just had a curious expression and a smirk on his face. My expression changed to hurt before I masked it with a blank expression

"That's enough. What in the name of God do you think are you doing Tony? She is your s..." Caleb entered from behind and I think he heard Tony since he was ready to tell them all that I'm his sister.

"Caleb please. Let me continue. Brittany do you want me to share the real reason behind your sudden curiosity and sense of friendship? And Tony" I spat out his name "why do you all of a sudden care about my personal life. You don't deserve to know anything. You are a stupid attention seeker in desperate need of his girlfriend's support and approval hence all the curiosity. So I would love it if you could keep your opinions and your questions to your self because I don't feel it to be necessary for me to answer nonsense." I could see the anger from his and Brittany's face and I knew that maybe my words had hurt him. But he deserved it all after the hurt he caused me. I walked out of the lunch hall but not before seeing the proud smile on Caleb's face.

As soon as I sat next to a tree, I took my phone out and decided to put some music on before I broke down since music always helps. As I nearly plugged the earphones on, I noticed a shadow behind me. I looked back to see...