Chapter 16

“Will you teach me?” Nine whispered timidly to Slade.

Raw desire burned in the depths of his dark eyes. His devious mind conjured up sinful images to what things he could ‘teach’ his mate.

Biting back a moan, Slade clenched his fists tightly and stiffly nodded.

His tense posture evaporated when his mate shot him a cute lopsided grin.

That’s it. He couldn’t hold back anymore.

With swift movements, Slade’s arms reached out and wrapped around Nine’s waist securely – making sure every inch of her body was pressed against his.

He. Was. In. Heaven.

“Mine. My mate.” Slade whispered so softly and leaned down to pressed his face against the crook of her neck – breathing in deeply her scent and laying a kiss there.

Goddess, how many nights had he wondered what she would feel like in his arms. He’d never want to let her go after this.

He still could not believe she was his. She was so…perfect.

While Slade was having the time of his life, Nine was too busy watching the birds above them – her hands stayed limp to her side because her mate’s grip was too strong for her to move.

Her mate’s tight grip was still strange to her and oddly enough, she liked it. It made her feel funny. But the good kind.

“Right.” Slade said finally and forced himself to pull back (but kept his arms around her waist) after he held her for half an hour straight without a single complaint from her.

“We should get back to the house, I’m sure everyone is worried about us.”

Just when he was about to move, Slade got distracted by his Queens’ beauty.

She was flawless to him.

Soon his body was heating up fast with the wicked thoughts that entered his mind.

Would she allow him to taste her lips? He thought and stared intensely at them.

His grip around her waist increased at the thought of just taking a small taste. Nine was his delectable, forbidden fruit and soon he would not be able to hold back.

What Slade didn’t notice was that he was unconsciously leaning in closer to his mate. His eyes was set on the prize but Nine who was thoroughly confused, leaned back as he moved even more closer until he was inches away.

“Slade?” She questioned, her back beginning to arch backwards at his advances. But her mate was spell bound, even more so when she said his name.

Finally having enough of his strangeness, Nine’s arm came up and she slapped her hand over his face and then pushed his face away.

The sudden attack snapped Slade out of it and he backed away. He blinked in shock before finally settling into a sheepish expression.

“Woops.” He chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his head.

Only blinking at him, Nine slowly moved forward to stand next to him and then grabbed his hand. Her mate’s expression changed once again to surprise, his eyes shifting to their linked hands and then back to her.

Was she finally feeling the pull? Slade thought with excitement.

“I don’t like falling. It’s safer for me to use you for support.” Nine explained without emotion through the link – equally crushing Slade’s hopes.