Chapter 14

Mate or not, in a pack there can only be one dominant Werewolf to rule them all... 

Nine savagely snapped the air. She was not going to be the weak one. She was not going to submit to him!

Oh, but you will. The beast spoke. You alone are too weak but with my power, I will make sure we do not submit to any wolf!

'No!' Nine exclaimed. 'I want to make him submit! I don't want to be weak!'

Alpha Slade's hackles raised, his eyes dilated and locked onto his mate. His posture was firm and strong, he was not going to let her win. He stepped forward with his head high as he tried to dominate Nine.

The seconds Nine's eyes looked down, the Alpha moved swiftly. He did not have to do anything but stand above her. Nine's head was slightly lowered than the Alpha, her legs trembled by his force.

Do not forget that you are nothing without my strength! Let me dominate him! Let me be the one who will make him submit! The beast said and Nine could feel his primal instincts pushing through. His savage thoughts of hunting overcome her own.

But it was one word from Alpha Slade that made her decision.

'Submit.' His voice commanded above all.

Nine exhaled. 'Fine. But you know the deal-'

Yes. Yes. Your weak friend will not be touched. The beast muttered impatiently and then cruelly curled his lips. But can't say the same for the pack.

Nine didn't reply and instead pulled back into the darkness. Her only thoughts were about Dexter's and her survival. With that, she lost control and the beast moved in. Deep inside, Nine could see or hear nothing. She was alone and could only hope she would no longer be controlled by another.

Someone like Victor...she would not allow it to happen again.

Slade felt a change in Nine, her eyes began to coat crimson – the color of fresh blood. It was alarming to feel such maliciousness and danger so close to his pack. Worst still, it was coming from his mate. Their Luna. Even if she wasn't the one in control.

There was an eerie growl coming from his challenger and the advantage Alpha Slade had over Nine diminished in a second.

'So we finally meet mutt.' The beast shook his fur, completely at ease with the Alpha's presence. His head was raised and blood red eyes locked onto his target.

Slade could not speak but he hid his shock well. It terrified him that that was living inside his mate.

'But we can talk later because right now, I'm starting to wonder what's it like being an Alpha.'

Slade's response was a defiant snarl.

The pair circled each other and Alpha Slade could feel that he was at a disadvantaged. He could feel the pressure suffocating him, his wolf was also just barely holding on to his power and authority as an Alpha. There was no doubt that the beast was powerful and truly possessed his primal instincts but there was one thing that the beast did not have.

And that was a pack.

With a forceful growl, Ryan forced himself to stand on his two feet. Without a single word, he felt his Alpha need for help. That he could not handle the beast alone and that together – as one, they would bring him down and hopefully return his mate and their Luna to them.

Seeing the Beta use all his strength to go against his wolf's instinct was enough for the warriors of the pack to try.

The beast watched cautiously and almost intrigued by the pack's loyalty to their Alpha. As a lone wolf, he never felt the power of the pack but he was about to. The beast snapped at the pack as some of the strong ones shifted into their wolves and stood firmly behind their Alpha.