Chapter 21 Part ll

A couple of days had passed since the Lycan incident. Finally Nine was part of the pack after completing the ritual without disruptions. She still did not know that she was a Luna but Lilian was slowly introduced her to the roles of a Luna and in time Slade would tell her, but not just yet.

Other things were on Slade's mind.

He noticed his mate becoming agitated. He would see Nine twitch, or clench her fists – also shutting her eyes and taking deep breaths. He was becoming very concerned even though she brushed him off when he asked if she was okay.

He spoke to Dexter who also noticed that signs and thought it might have been the beast. The both concluded that it was best for Nine to release her built-up energy, to tire her out and the only thing they could think of was fighting.

But the problem was, could they keep Nine from killing?

"It's worth a shot." Ryan said with a shrug.

Slade nodded thoughtfully before looking at Nolan for his answer.

"Well, I think we're all gunna die." He said bluntly. Slade sighed and leaned back in his office chair. He rubbed his tired eyes and stretched out his feet, ignoring the loud smack and the grumble that followed from his friends.

"Okay." He crossed his arms. "I think we should do as Ryan says and give it a try. We'll have Nine teach the younger pups, that way they seem less threatening." The guys nodded and he continued. "But we're all going to have to keep our guards up. We cannot let her slip for even a second." Slade said seriously, looking at both of them intensely.

They both nodded.

"Very well, when do we begin?" Nolan asked.

"Now." Slade replied and stood up, along with Ryan. He glared at Nolan who cursed under his breath.

"I mean – we could ya know, start tomorrow when I'm not here?" He sheepishly pleaded and yelped when Ryan hit the back of his head.

Slade chuckled and moved towards the door and out the house, with the guys following behind him. Using the mark, Slade knew where Nine was – coincidently she was actually at the training grounds. Though it was a bit worrisome. She must have a reason for being there, otherwise she would have stayed with the women or children.

The guys jogged to the training grounds where new and experienced members of the pack were training in both human and wolf form. Each group was separated according to experience and strengths.

Slade took a sweep of the wide land and spotted Nine sitting by the bordering tree line. He didn't like the way her eyes were locked on to some of the experienced warriors. They too could feel her gaze, putting them on edge as shown by their cautious sparring. It was like they didn't know who the opponent was; the wolf before them or the Luna watching them intensely.

"Go help the young ones and explain to them about our plan." Slade ordered his Beta and Omega, before moving to his mate.

When he reached Nine, he was on guard. Slade's instincts were subconsciously acting upon the unknown threat coming from Nine, even though she was doing nothing.

"Sorry." She immediately apologized when she noticed his sudden stiff behaviour. She remained seated because she was less threatening then she was standing.

"It's okay." Slade reassured as he tried to release some of the tension in his muscles. He took a seat next to his mate and then pulled her onto his lap, to sit sidewards. He wrapped his arms around her waist and sighed contently when she snuggled against him.

Just like that, the tense atmosphere evaporated – setting a calm feeling over everyone.

"Better?" Slade mumbled and kissed her temple.