Chapter 9

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE (you know it's important if i put it up here) - *gasp* She's right!!! This must be legit!!

So as you know I have not been updating much on this book and I have decided, with a completely heavy heart, to let this book go....

That's right it will flutter away incompleted... 

For further information read the end A/N

but please enjoy this chapter. Thank you. :D

****

“Want me to kill him?” Nine snarled, her red eyes glaring at the Alpha.

“N-N-No!” Dexter shouted and shook his head furiously.

“What did she say?” Slade stepped forward, staring straight at Nine but aimed the question at Dexter. He knew they were talking about him and whatever she said was making Dexter very nervous.

“U-Uh…” He looked everywhere except the Alpha.

“You can tell him.” Nine spoke to her friend and kept her narrowed eyes trained on the Alpha. “He can know what I said.” She sneered showing off those sharp teeth.

This placed Dexter in a very difficult position. He fiddled with his hands and kept looking between Slade and Nine uneasily.

The tension began to build in the room, thankfully Paul came to the rescue.

“Why don’t we let them talk?” Paul said, shooting a worried glance at his son.

Squeezing his hands firmly before forcefully relaxing them and Slade sighed in defeat. He shut his eyes tightly and just breathed in his mate’s scent, using it to calm himself.

He couldn’t hide his hurt and longing when he opened his eyes to gaze at Nine.

God, what he would do to just hold his mate in his arms.

Shaking his head, he looked to his father and stiffly nodded his head. He watched as his friends and father left the room, he took a long look at Nine and walked forward. Only when he was at the doorframe did he look away to glance at Dexter. Shooting him a look, Dexter discreetly nodded and Slade left the room. He hope Nine would tell her friend something to help him become closer to her.

Running a hand through his hair, Slade left his faith in Dexter’s hand. Praying he could talk some sense into his mate.

Once they were gone, Dexter finally asked, “Wh-y do you h-hate Alpha Sl-Slade?”

He knew she didn’t trust him but hopefully she could tell him something more that could help the Alpha get into Nine’s good books.

Nine huffed angrily, she knew the Alpha’s name but refused to recognize it. Acknowledging it was accepting him and she wouldn’t allow that.

“So?” Dexter asked again and sat down on the floor in front of the cage. He needed to somehow convince Nine to at least try and give the others a chance, hopefully one day she may come to trust them the way she trusts him.

Once again Nine began to pace in front of the bars. “It’s just the way he makes me feel. I don’t understand it. There’s just something about him that makes me so-so – Argh!” she roared in anger.

Dexter tried to hide his guilt. He could not tell her that they were mates. It just wasn’t the right time.

She needed to have some trust for Alpha Slade because she would mistake the pull as Slade having control over her. She would think he was just like Victor, only using her for his pleasure. He needed to wait until Nine could learn to trust other people – to know that they wouldn’t hurt her. If he told her now, than it’s a guarantee that Nine will hate Slade like the way she loathes Victor.