Chapter 25

A loud howl filled the air, snapping Victor out of his triumphant thoughts.

His lips curled in distaste as Alpha Slade was running full force towards them. Following behind him was his pack members, all looking like they were ready to send them to straight to Hell.

"Get her in the truck." He ordered his men and then felt a burning sensation within in as he used the Alpha mark to command the Rogues to hold off the Alpha.

Victor was pleased with his mindless minions. He realised that a Rogue with its human conscious was useless to him because their emotion would always make them refuse his order. So instead, while his creation was out in the world, Victor designed a new breed. One that obeyed only his words. But of course Victor couldn't hold himself by adding a little of Lycan blood into the Rogues.

It was just enough to improve their abilities without killing them.

The result was perfection. One of his Rogues could take on three ordinary Werewolves. They had a high tolerance to pain, meaning they could still fight even if they were fatally wounded. Victor especially loved the killer look in their eyes. He knew that even with the Alpha, the pack was no match for his minions.

Victor watched as the Rogues formed a heavily guarded line. No matter how much the Alpha and the members attacked or try to push through, they could not make the Rogues move an inch.

Smirking at the Alpha's frustration, Victor turned away and headed casually inside the vehicle like there wasn't a vicious fight going on behind him. He chuckled low and deep when the Alpha let out an outrageous roar.

"Wonder what would happen if I put Lycan blood in him?" he wondered out loud and sat back as the truck moved and disappeared into the woods.

***

Slade managed to slip through the Rogues and dashed forward - aiming straight for his mate but one of the Rogues caught up and blocked his path. The frustration and anger was overwhelming him. How could he let his mate slip through his fingers? How could he let Victor capture Nine when he promised to protect her?

How could he betray her like that?!

'Slade!' Nolan shouted through the link, snapping his Alpha out of his trance as he watched the truck get further away. He twisted his head back to see his pack losing the fight. Many were injured because it seemed like the Rogues could not be killed!

With a heavy heart, Slade rushed to help his pack. He furiously apologised in his head to Nine for not going after her. Slade put all his anger in taking out the Rogues, making sure to sever their heads or snap their spines to leave them immobile.

Fifteen bloody Rogues took highly skilled warriors much longer than expected. Slade did not like that one bit. Whatever Victor had done to the Rogues and whatever he was planning did not look good for the Werewolf community.

Shifting into his human, Slade immediately took action.

"Help the injured! Get them to the pack house and make sure all available healers are there!" The Alpha ordered and forced himself to see to his pack first but with every second that passed, Slade's anxiety increased for Nine. His body was already shaking as his instincts reacted to his mate who was not by his side.

"Slade!" Snapping his head to the sound of his Beta. He saw Ryan running towards him, his face was heavily distressed making Slade frown.

"What is it?" he asked once his friend was close enough.