Chapter 26

Two solid months have passed and the days have been extremely slow for Slade.

Long and torturous.

But he was the Alpha, he had to be strong and lead his pack for whatever was to come. The council and Werewolf community were on high alert, giving Slade barely any time to search for his mate.

The only comfort he had was the mark on his neck. The very symbol that connects the two, a gift from the Moon Goddess for every soulmate. Once mated nothing other than death could separate them but even so, the mark would still remain as a reminder of your mate.

Currently Slade was stationed at Wolf-Guard, also known as the main stronghold of the council community. It was a vast land that covered many acres. Well away from humans and on private lands owned by the Were-community. If there was an attack, no humans would know. It would be for the best because what is to come would only be a bloody massacre.

Sighing heavily, Slade tiredly rubbed his eyes. Surrounding him were his father, Beta and a few men who represent the council. Others were running all over the place, it was almost strange to see the council in such disarray. But then again they never had a threat that could destroy everything that they had built up since their existence. It had come to everyone's attention that Victor who stayed quiet for a few months was back and clearly planning an attack on the council.

Victor didn't bother hiding his intentions. When Slade told the council of the new breed he created, they immediately went into action. All Alpha's were contacted and informed, every pack was guarded heavily but especially Wolf-Guard.

"DAMMIT!" A large man representing the council, slammed his fist into the table and almost shattering with his force. "Where the hell in that bastard?!!" He shouted in anger.

Just like the others, everyone was looking for Victor but like a snake, he easily slips through the cracks and hides in the shadows. With every Rogue activity suddenly disappearing, no one could get even a single lead. To the Were-leaders, it was scary to think that Victor had such a control and power over the Rogues. Slade was right to get rid of Victor as soon as possible but instead allowed him to gain immense strength, not only with the Rogues but also his research that could possibly be the end for the council community.

Slade not even bothering to calm the man down, only moved his hand to touch the mating mark. He sighed in relief in feeling the mark pulse under his touch.

Nine...

The most Slade could do that would give him a chance to find his mate and save the Werewolf community was to find Victor and once he does...

Slade's eyes burned like the depths of Hell.

He was going to slaughter that bitch.

The door burst open. Everyone watched as the four intimidating but wise wolves strolled in. Two of them were old but lived to see the changes of the Werewolf community, the others were Slade's age. They were placed on the council for their change of perspective in the evolving younger generation.

"So what's the sitch?" Aust, the youngest asked. His never ending mischievous smile was placed on his boyish face.

Drak slapped the pup at the back of his head with his large hand. "This isn't the time to be joking." He said with a lack of emotion. Drak was practically Aust's babysitter and kept him out of trouble. Being scolded by that giant, anyone would cower under Drak's glare – except Aust who had no sense of danger.

"Enough." Vint sent a glare at the pair. He was known as the forever-angry-Werewolf. But where everyone may show empathy or skip around a sensitive subject, Vint was the type to give it to you straight and bluntly. Though not very liked, he was the most trusted because he would never lie when asked to answer a question.