Chapter 8

Nine watched silently as the boys laughed.

There were five of them in total. Four younger ones about her age and one guard who let them in. He stood at the back of the room with his arms crossed and a smug smirk on his face.

It wasn't their first time taunting Rogues. Jared, the guard would let the teens in and rile up the pathetic wolves. They were not like them and deserved to be treated like the trash they are.

Nine's tail swished in irritation behind her and her eyes in slits were solely on the boys who cracked jokes and tried to provoke a reaction out of her. She was sitting on her hind legs and her claws dug deep into the ground, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. However, the only thing that was stopping her was that she promised Dexter that she would behave and unless they physically attack her then she cannot do anything.

"Hmm, I bet you would look sexy if you shift into human!" The leader of the four said with a cocky smirk. "So how about it, pretty lady?" The others laughed behind him.

Nine could feel a growl crawling up her throat. Her lips twitched to hold in a snarl. If they keep this up, then Nine was going to show them how pretty she can be.

She could have called for Dexter but Nine wanted to deal with this herself. She can't always have Dexter with her and must learn to not use violence for everything...but these boys were making it really hard.

Maybe she should just kill them and get it over with, she thought darkly - the beast within her agreed and began to pace.

"I bet I can show you a better time than a worthless Rogue."

"Ha! Nice one Matt!" A friend hollered at the leader.

The sentence confused Nine but she didn't let it show. By the tone of his voice, she knew it wasn't anything good.

"Alright boys, times up." The guard spoke from the back.

"Aw c'mon Jared! We want to see her shift and I bet you want too. Just one peek and then we will go." Matt said and grinned wickedly. Jared smirked in return and then looked at Nine with a glint in his eyes, "Maybe we could persuade her?"

Nine's hackles rose.

The boys cheered and fist bumped each other when Jared reached for his hip and pulled out a silver tipped whip. They knew that female Rogues were particularly loose when it comes to their body. Frequently unmated males would seek them out to satisfy their needs until they find their mates but sometimes the stubborn she-wolves just needed a little persuasion.

This one was no exception.

Nine let out a growl as a warning. The man didn't back down and the boys only encouraged him.

"So what's it going to be Rogue? Shift or get hit?" Jared sneered and cracked the whip loudly in intimidation.

Nine was not scared of the man but the whip brought back emotional scars of her master when he used to remind her who was in charge. Physically, she could take on that whip and feel nothing.

"Alright then, I guess you chose to get hit then." Jared raised his hand with the whip, he paused for a second, noting the she-wolf was not cowering but instead had those demon eyes on him, like she was waiting for something. He growled and tightened his grip on the handle.

Better fix it then, he thought.

Using his strength, Jared sliced his hand forward. The whip followed and through the gap between the bars, he lashed out striking Nine right across her face.

The impact snapped her head to the side. A deep gash ran from her brow down to the bottom of her jaw. Blood dripped down to the ground as the wound began to heal itself. Nine kept her gaze on the floor, she would not let those mutts get away with hurting her. If she couldn't kill them then she was going to have to torture them another way.