Number 9

Prologue

"Alright, bring her out." Victor Bane ordered the men, who were hesitant to let the monster out. There was no guarantee that they would even survive, even though she was heavily locked up behind pure, silver bars and held down by thick chains around her neck, muzzle and legs.

No. Not even that could bind what was inside of her.

To an average werewolf, he would have been lying dead by the amount of silver that poisoned the body. The men knew that the beast was unstable and unpredictable. There was no letting their guard down or else, they'd pay for it with their lives.

Victor watched proudly as his creation step forward. It was his greatest achievement yet. She was his pride and joy.

It had taken him twelve long years of extensive study and development to create a strong breed of Werewolves but those fools from the council wouldn't accept his work. They said it to be unethical, that the Moon Goddess herself created them and in no way must they tamper with nature.

 He wanted to prove that Werewolves are the top predators – to prove that humans are weaker than us and that we shouldn't have to hide what they were.

But the council couldn't see his vision - wouldn't see the potential of being known throughout the whole world as the best. Instead his brothers turned against him. They called him a fool and a mad man for thinking the impossible. They didn't believe him but now...

A malicious smirk curled his lips as he saw one of the men slip up. Eagerly Victor watched as his beauty took down that measly man, with one swing of her claw she dragged him towards her behind the bars. The man screamed in terror and thrashed but he could not escape. Once the beast got a hold of him there was nothing anyone could do to stop her.

The rest of the men watched in pure horror as their friend was twisted in an awkward angle against the cage, bones snapped as the beast dragged him inside her cage.

It was there she finished him off.

Blood splattered everywhere, coating the walls and the people outside. Victor sadistically laughed, enjoying the way she ripped the man to piece with just her claws. He knew if she wasn not muzzled then the sight would be far more gruesome.

From a young age, his creation has shown two sides – one, being the feral and uncontrollable half and the other who still held the rational, human side, which could be easily manipulated. Victor made sure to learn the signs so he knew when he could control the beast and when he would just let her be.

There was one thing though that Victor had no control over when she was created.

And that were her eyes.

It reminded him too much of a cats' and he had no way of changing that. Her black pupils would dilate and contract like a cat, surrounded by white iris – it was only when the beast took over that her eyes shifted.

Crimson red would cloud over her eyes until it was fully covered in blood red – giving her a demonic look.

Victor watched carefully for the tell-tale signs of her eyes. Once he spotted her eyes slowly becoming white, only then did he speak.

"It's time."

The wolf snapped her head towards him and prowled closer. Victor held his head higher to show who's the one in control. He snarled when she didn't back down, almost immediately she looked away. He knew it was the beast inside that wanted to fight for dominance but Victor made sure that fear lived within her. Personally he made sure that she was constantly reminded.

Victor raised a hand and was smug to see her flinch away.

Good, he thought, she remembers who the master is.