Chapter 10

Slade only had a split second to retract his hands away just as Nine’s jaw clamped down on the empty air where his hand had previously been.

Any second later and Slade would only have one hand.

Suddenly hissing, Slade twisted his hand to see blood running down his arm.

Guess he wasn’t fast enough he thought and wiped away the blood where Nine’s teeth grazed his skin, leaving a nasty cut.

Turning back to his mate, he saw her eyes were tinted red but the white was still prominent. Dexter told him of the signs to look out for when with his mate.  

“Almost got me there.” Slade chuckled lightly. He wasn’t angry with her. It was his fault for trying to push Nine past her limit. He wanted to know how far he could get with her before she snapped but Slade knew that the next time he wouldn’t get so close. Not because she will attack but because now Nine will be wary of him and he needed to build up her trust before he could attempt to touch her again.

Eyes narrowed and ears flat against her head, Nine slowly backed away whilst watching the male carefully. Her body was tense and ready for him to attack. Her master would have cruelly punished her for even touching him let alone leaving a mark on his body and drawing blood.

The beast inside her did not allow her to cower in front of her master. He was too dominant to submit immediately which resulted in her beating being more brutal.

Nine snapped out of her memory and waited for the green-eyed male to make the first move.

The male shook his head before looking straight in her eyes. “I’m not going to hurt you.” He said softly as if he was talking to a skittish animal.

Nine didn’t move and kept her eyes on him. Slade bent down and picked up the tray with the now cold breakfast.

“I’ll go warm this up. Be right back.” Slade said but hesitated to leave. Only when Nine turned around, showing her back to him that he finally stepped towards the door.

Once the door shut did Nine collapse on the ground. She was mentally exhausted from all the stress and especially from the green-eyed male.

She tried not to think about him but her mind disobeyed.

Why didn’t he punish her? She thought with a low growl. The male’s actions confused her greatly. Nine wish Dexter was here to clear up her confusion. With a huff, she thought it better to just completely ignore him. Even though it didn’t go well today but the next time she would just keep silent.

Since the male said he won’t hurt her, Nine would use it to her advantage. Her master didn’t punish her only for control but he knew that she would start to rebel – guaranteeing his death if she were ever to turn against him.

Closing her eye, Nine blocked out everything. Her senses dulled, letting down her guard but she didn’t care. If they wanted to kill her than so be it. For once she would love to be at peace.

No fighting.

No wolves.

And no green-eyed male.

Just her and no one else.

***

For the next couple of days, Nine fell into an almost dormant state. She didn’t eat, talk or move from her position. Even Dexter could not get her to do anything but he did understand that she needed space and told that to a very worried mate.