ShinKami/MonoShin - Competition

Kaminari and Monoma fight over whether Shinsou should join Class A or Class B.

(I know ShinKami isn't really a rarepair, but MonoShin is, and I really liked this idea!)

"So, have you chosen which class you're joining?" Monoma asks one day, when the two of them meet up for their weekly sparring sessions. Ever since the joint training exercise, the two of them decided to start training with each other, given the fact that both of them needed to rely on physical prowess in real fights rather than raw power.

"Not really, I'm still thinking about it." Shinsou responds, heading over to the training mats spread out on the floor. He starts stretching to loosen up his muscles before they begin, but it seems Monoma has other plans.

"But you're thinking of Class B, right?" Monoma raises an eyebrow, resting his hand on Shinsou's shoulder. He's giving Shinsou his usual manic look, but Shinsou can see a small shred of desperation in his gaze. Reading people is easy when people always put on fake faces around you because they're scared of your quirk.

Shinsou shakes his head to clear those thoughts. 'No one's scared of you. Monoma isn't scared of you.' He reminds himself. Unfortunately, the movement is seen to be as a no to Monoma, who scowls.

"Are you seriously thinking about that horrid Class A instead? We're so much better than them! For one, we don't get villains going after us every Tuesday! Second, we're not hated by practically every other course in this school! Third-"

"Please shut up." Shinsou says tiredly. "I was just shaking my head, I wasn't saying no."

Monoma gives Shinsou a fake saccharine smile. "So you are thinking about Class B! Splendid! I'll make sure to prepare a welcome party soon!"

Shinsou rolls his eyes and gets into a fighting stance. "Uh huh. Don't get your hopes up blondie."

"I told you to stop calling me that!" Monoma shrieks at him.

Shinsou sighs as he hears the sound of someone's footseps running up to him. He looks up to see Kaminari shooting him finger guns. "Yo, Shinsou! My man, my dude, my homie, my guy, my-"

"What do you want Kaminari?" Shinsou asks tiredly.

"I need help with my math, and all the smart people are busy right now."

Shinsou sighed again. "Will it get you to leave me alone?"

Kaminari nodded frantically.

"Fine."

"So, which class are you joining?" Kaminari asks as he looks at a question.

What's with everyone asking me what class I'm joining? Shinsou thinks to himself. "I'm still thinking about it."

"Which one do you think you would choose if you had to choose right now?" Kaminari questions.

Shinsou shrugs and says nothing else.

Kaminari goes back to his work.

"What are you all doing?" Shinsou asks them.

"We just want to train with you bro!" Kirishima grins.

"Yeah, definitely!" Ashido adds, but she gives Kaminari a sly smirk as the blond flushes slightly.

Shinsou raises an eyebrow but ignores it. He opens the door to see-

Monoma.

Shit.

"You brought Class A students here?" Monoma screeched, falling from where he was practicing on the bars.

"They wouldn't leave." Shinsou answered.

"You and Monoma train together?" Kaminari queries, looking a bit surprised.

"Yeah, every Friday." Monoma says smugly.

Kaminari shrugs. "I guess that's cool. We'll train a lot together a lot more when he joins my class though."

Monoma's eyes narrow. "Uhm, he's joining MY class."

Kaminari's eyes narrow as well. "I don't think so."

Monoma straightens up and places his hands on his hips. "Fine then, let's battle right here, right now. Winner represents the class Shinsou's going to join."

"Woah hold up, isn't that my decision-" Shinsou tries to cut in.

"Why should I?" Kaminari cuts him off.

"Sure, don't do it. It's the same as forfeiting anyway. Just show how much you want Shinsou to join your class, right? That you wouldn't do as much as you possibly can for an opportunity of it happening?"

"Just do it Kaminari." Mina whispers in his ear. "Show how much you want Shinsou to join our class. This way, you can get closer to him to finally confess!"

"Fine Monoma." Kaminari says, folding his arms. "Let's go."

"No quirks." Monoma commands.

"What?" Kaminari asks, bewildered.

"That wouldn't be fair, would it?" Monoma tilts his head in mock innocence.

Kaminari grits his teeth but accepts the terms, and they both assume fighting stances.

To say the least...

Kaminari got massacred.

Monoma was obviously the one with more hand to hand combat than the other blond.

"Well that was sad." Shinsou comments, when it's over. He turns to face Monoma. "Why would you even propose something like that?"

"Because," Monoma grins, leaning in, placing a kiss on Shinsou's cheek. "I'll be very happy to have you as a part of my class."

Monoma winks and walks away, leaving Shinsou stumped.

Wow.