DarkShroom/KuroKino - Flower Shop

Requested by  @O9nonono 

So I have this headcannon that in all my modern AUs, Komori has/works at either a coffee shop or a flower shop, so I used this idea in this oneshot!

Kuroiro was stumped.

He had some of his friends over today for studying, and they had all balked at his color choice.

"It's so bland." Honenuki had said.

"I appreciate your taste in design, but I must agree with Honenuki. This room needs a bit of freshening up." Tokoyami added, playing with his red choker.

"Maybe you should get some flowers. There should certainly be a color that will contrast well with the inane amount of black you have in your room." Shishida had suggested.

Kuroiro had a feeling that there was an insult somewhere in that sentence, but shrugged it off. Unfortunately for him, all his friends had refused to continue studying with him in his room unless he at least added some decoration.

Being a college student was hard, okay?

So here he was, standing in front of the Komori Flower Shop.

He walked inside, looking at all the plants that decorated the place. He decided to think of it as a rainbow and some other colors that decided to live in a flower shop, in the form of flowers, y'know, cause it's a flower shop.

He'll just stop now.

In his analyzation of the place, he doesn't notice a girl about his age looking at him, but a sudden "Hello! Welcome to the Komori Flower Shop!" snapped him back to reality.

He swiftly turns his head to look at the source of this sound, and Kuroiro flushes.

'Shit.'  Is the first thing he thinks. 'She's cute.' 

The girl tilts her head in a way that is definitely not cute and looks at him, confused. "Um, sir? Are you okay?" she asks.

Kuroiro's eyes widen and he can feel the heat rushing up to his cheeks. He can only thank All Might that he has very dark skin, or else it would be obvious that he was blushing.

"Uh, y-yeah I'm f-fine!" Kuroriro manages to stutter out.

The girl gives a wide smile, and she gestures her hand around the shop. "So! What's the occasion? I can help you find the perfect combination if it's based on an event of some sort."

She looks at Kurorio and raises an eyebrow. "Maybe you're buying flowers for a girlfriend?"

Kuroiro almost chokes at the question, but manages to shake his head no.

"Really?" The brunette girl looks surprised. "I thought someone as handsome as you would have a girlfriend."

"Y-you think so?" Kuroiro asks, because what else should he say?

"Definitely. Anyway, what's the occasion?" The girl changes the topic.

"I just want a few flowers to compliment my room." Kuroiro answers.

The girl at the counter walks over to the front of the shop, where the flowers are. As she's browsing through the options, she asks him; "What color is your room?"

"It's stupid." Kuroiro mumbles.

The girl laughed. "Last time I checked, stupid wasn't a color."

Her statement made Kuroiro chuckle a bit, as he raised a hand to scratch at the back of his neck.

"It's um, black. Pretty generic, I know."

The petite girl shakes her head. "I think it's cool. You know, like how it's not really a color, but more like the absence of color, but we still talk about it like a color, and it makes such a phenomenon-" She turns bashful. "Sorry, I'm just rambling."

Kuroiro laughs. "No it's fine. Your rambling was cute."

The reality of what he just said dawns on him.

There's silence as brunette girl's face heats up, before she coughs sharply into her fist. "Anyways, I think some white anemone flowers would be nice." She says, pointing to a cluster of flowers.

Kuroiro studies them and nods, trying to get out of there as soon as possible, so as to not embarrass himself again.

The girl heads over to the flowers and carefully cuts them off from their stalks, before heading back to the counter and wrapping it in a bouquet. Kuroiro notices the tag she adds to them, but he just thinks it's the company card or something.

 "Thank you." Kuroiro says, as he places 500 yen on the table.

"It's no problem! See you soon! Hopefully.." The girl laughs nervously, but Kuroiro is confused. Heading out of the shop, he takes a look at the tag, where a note is written.

'Hi!

I was wondering if you'd like to get coffee with me tomorrow morning at Monoma's coffee shop to get to know each other better!

If yes, just shoot me a text! If no, feel free to just trash this.

XXX-XXX-XXXX

-Komori

Kuroiro is surprised at first, but once he calms down, he smiles, before adding the number to his contacts.

He immediately goes to his group chat with his friends and send a message.

HelloDarknessMyOldFriend: I just got a date.

IDiedFromQuicksand: Cap.

HelloDarknessMyOldFriend: Nope, got asked out by a cute girl from the flower shop.

IDiedFromQuicksand: Damn, maybe I should buy flowers.

Kuroiro laughs.

Today is a pretty good day.

WORDS - 860

Can I just say that I love this trope-